Anybody On 1200 Cals A Day?

Options
Looking to become friends with individuals who are currently on 1200 cals a day.

Want an idea of a few different recipes and foods to eat whilst sticking to my cals.

If you are in the same boat and also looking for support please feel free to add me. :-)

Replies

• nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I was on 1300 per day for a while, (1550 now) and found that eggs and soups were my best friends. I highly suggest putting feta and tomatoes in scrambled eggs....yum <3
  • babydaisy81
    babydaisy81 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I try to stick to 1200, don't feel bad if I go over or eat back some workout calories. I have an open diary, I try to meal prep so you'll see that I eat alot of the same things during the week that gets boring, but easier that way for me! Just getting into the swing of what to eat and what not to eat, so I will be looking for some better food choices soon, and maybe making more actual meals instead of just putting things together.
  • stephbeland8
    stephbeland8 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Been on a 1200 cal/day for a while now. I train (run & strengh) 3 times a week. My scale is stuck since a few weeks now and I'm worried that my metabolism in taking a nap..... Damn! I don't know where to stand. Just want to loose those last 5 to 10 pounds. Anyway, feel free to add and take a look at my journal!
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I do calorie cycling and my lower days are around 1200 calories. Feel free to add me, but my lower call days have been sort of nutritionally bad lately. I lost my dad a couple weeks ago, and I haven't been up for cooking. Maybe I could get some new ideas, too.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Around 1200 for my lunch I just had... still have dinner and dessert left
  • annar298
    annar298 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am on a 1200 cal a day! Not to bad when I eat Special K morning with skim milk, snack air popped popcorn with only 35 cal a cup! YUM and lunch is a salad with chicken or fish, but my fave is chicken stuffed avocado with salsa, or veggies it will always fill me up to where I cant eat the other half, another snack is good is fruit lots of good raw, like pineapple, mango etc. I used to drink my veggie fruit smoothies but since I started the 1200 cal a day I had not done it and its not much calories. I need to get back on them great way to put in my veggies. Also dinner is something small depending on my cravings for the day. Hope this helps, I just started the 1200 cal I was just watching what I ate, no sweets at all but I was lying to myself before I started counting calories. I lost over 10 lbs before I joined her. So I'm in it with you! :happy:
  • Nunu_Karamel
    Options
    I JUST STARTED 1200 CALORIES A DAY TODAY! I have done it before and it did work but I did not stay with it long, I saw that cutting out lots of white carbs helps a lot, but any advice and tips would be great as well!
  • nicolemontagna22
    nicolemontagna22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I do calorie cycling and my lower days are around 1200 calories. Feel free to add me, but my lower call days have been sort of nutritionally bad lately. I lost my dad a couple weeks ago, and I haven't been up for cooking. Maybe I could get some new ideas, too.

So sorry to hear that! You are strong for still tracking. So is cycling where you eat like 1200 one day then more or less the next?
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I JUST STARTED 1200 CALORIES A DAY TODAY! I have done it before and it did work but I did not stay with it long, I saw that cutting out lots of white carbs helps a lot, but any advice and tips would be great as well!

The reason you didn't stay with it long is its too restrictive. You don't have to cut anything out, just cut the portions down.

Check out these 2 threads they might help you:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Great information on both.

Good luck
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Not me........not eating below my BMR ever again. I have to hang onto as much muscle mass as I can.
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I eat 1200 a day on rest days and 1400 on workout days. Feel free to add me. Im not a fancy cooker. I buy most things premade because dont have time (or want to make time) to cook :)

I eat pretty much anything I like. Last night I had 3 chicken tacos, with cheese, guacamole and hot sauce and fudgecicle! Night before last I had turkey hot dogs (70 cals per dog), special k cracker chips (110 cals for 27 chips)
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options

So sorry to hear that! You are strong for still tracking. So is cycling where you eat like 1200 one day then more or less the next?

Thanks. I'd be stronger if i hate real food instead of ice cream and frozen pizza!

I spend the weekend with my boyfriend, and I'll eat between 1500 and 2000 calories those days, but that's real food that we take the time to cook. I do the 1200 when I'm home by myself. It still works out to a deficit, so I've been losing pretty steadily.
  • MrsBach
    MrsBach Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Been on a 1200 cal/day for a while now. I train (run & strengh) 3 times a week. My scale is stuck since a few weeks now and I'm worried that my metabolism in taking a nap..... Damn! I don't know where to stand. Just want to loose those last 5 to 10 pounds. Anyway, feel free to add and take a look at my journal!

I suffered the same issue. I reduced to less than 1200 per day and don't eat back. I also follow a few self-imposed guidelines:

(1) Fast until 10 a.m. (2) Breakfast is protein rich food ONLY (i.e. egg whites and turkey bacon). (3) At least 30 minutes of heavy cardio before consuming any carbs. (4) Keep carb count under 75g per day.

It's not quite a Keto diet, but it worked! I started losing again. It makes me wonder. Either I'm insulin resistant, or I'm burning fat for energy during my workout instead of carbs.
  • cmoncmonshake
    cmoncmonshake Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1360, but usually try to stick to a 1200 diet! (Some days I'm more active than others, so I want to have a bit of breathing room calorie-wise)

I usually start my day in one of two ways:
    Egg White Omelette with Vegetables (3 days a week), this is what I eat particularly on days when I want to get in more of a work out than usual. The less protein I eat, the less energy I have for the day.
    Mixed Fruits & Green Tea (the rest of the week): I crave sugar. I do. And if I don't eat fruit, I'll end up binging on something like coffee.

My lunch and dinner always include proteins. I usually stick to salads in the 300-350 range, or grilled chicken/steak with a veggie side. This normally means a lot of kale, steamed veggies, sometimes avocado, and absolutely NO NO NO dressing and/or condiments. I can't stress this enough. Unless it is a low-fat dressing, it will add so many calories for no reason.

I'm an avid snacker when I'm bored, which made this considerably hard in the beginning - baby carrots, frozen grapes, sliced bananas & apples, and snack packs of hummus have become my best friend. They help. A LOT.

As you can see, I'm not much of a recipe buff. But this is a relatively simple diet, and it works for the "girl-on-the-go" types! I'm home maybe 2 hours a night (excluding when I'm sleeping), so there's never time to really cook.
  • brittneyleighphotography
    Options
    Hello,

I'm on 1200 cals. and am doing pretty well on it. I've lost 5 lbs. in a month and a half. Feel free to add me.