Should you work out the day of an event?

Options
If you're going to a party or something that you want to look nice for, should you work out that day? I feel like getting the blood pumping might cause me to look more puffy or bloated or something.

Replies

• littlelol
    Options
    i was thinking the exact same :wink:
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    personal preference. depends if it will give u more confidence or not
  • KcFitCoach
    KcFitCoach Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I try to work out HARD the morning of the day I have something. I feel better, more energized and I have more calories to work with! I did this on both Thanksgiving and Christmas and was SO glad I did! Also did this for several holiday parties.
  • DaniEss
    Options
    I love working out the day of an event especially if I know Im going to meet new people. For some reason it makes me feel good about myself and more confident. I just make sure that I give myself at least 2 or 3 hours to cool down before I have to go anywhere
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    I will be running hard tomorrow to prepare for the large intake of calories coming that day :)
  • RLeighP
    RLeighP Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I love working out the day of a party or something. More calories to eat, but also I keep thinking of all the hard work I did to burn those calories, and it keeps me from going overboard with the food choices.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I always do too. I like the flexibility it gives me in my calorie count and I also feel better.
  • DanaM810
    DanaM810 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I don't think you should necessarily work out too hard. I would think cardio would definitely take away some water weight, not to mention you usually eat more calories at "events", so it would be good to burn some extra calories & get your metabolism up for the rest of the day. =)
  • kld4239
    kld4239 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I personally LOVE working out the day of an event. My mood is always better on days I work out and it doesn't hurt to burn a few extra calories just in case you want a drink...or two :)
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    It makes me feel good when I do...and of course I like the extra cals to play around with. Sure am planning on my 8 mile run tomorrow morning for just that reason!
  • marniehodges
    Options
    WORK OUT! It gives me great energy for the day, makes me think I must be looking more fabulous and gives me extra calories to burn, like for those New Years Eve drinks I plan on having tomorrow night!