A year from now I'd wish I'd started today - so I am!

Options
Well, I really started on Monday but it's taken me until today to, uh, introduce myself. I'm shy like that!

In the last 20 years I've gained 70 pounds...it happened so slowly that I never really noticed. Well, that's not true; I noticed but it somehow didn't register. Little did I know those first 10 pounds would turn into 70! I wonder now why I thought I was fat at 130. That's just crazy talk! Every increase in weight meant a decrease in energy.....and it's been a never ending cycle of short periods of hopefulness followed by long periods of despair, followed by another weight gain. I haven't had 4 days of hopefulness in a long, long time...and I'm still excited at the prospect of day #5. In my world, that’s a big, big deal.

What I love about this website: the INSTANTANEOUS feedback. It's FREE. It's on my Droid X (the app was how I found MFP) so I can ALWAYS keep track. It's EASY. I feel blessed that someone thought this up and is making it available to suffering (speaking for myself there!) people and EMPOWERING the individual to take control and take charge for themselves. I’m naming it and claiming it for myself, and…

…I'm glad to be here!

Replies

• RLeighP
    RLeighP Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a wonderful community, everyone is so helpful and supportive. And we're glad you're here too! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    I started January 4th, and have lost 40+ pounds, so you will be V E R Y happy that you have started and that you stick with it! I am hopeful that you will log in every day and be accountable for what you have chosen to eat. It will make a difference in your life! The energy you will regain is remarkable! So hang in there during the tough times and count on your MFP friends to pull you through! You can do this! Enjoy the journey!
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friends request
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,724 Member
    Options
    Well, I really started on Monday but it's taken me until today to, uh, introduce myself. I'm shy like that!

In the last 20 years I've gained 70 pounds...it happened so slowly that I never really noticed. Well, that's not true; I noticed but it somehow didn't register. Little did I know those first 10 pounds would turn into 70! I wonder now why I thought I was fat at 130. That's just crazy talk! Every increase in weight meant a decrease in energy.....and it's been a never ending cycle of short periods of hopefulness followed by long periods of despair, followed by another weight gain. I haven't had 4 days of hopefulness in a long, long time...and I'm still excited at the prospect of day #5. In my world, that’s a big, big deal.

What I love about this website: the INSTANTANEOUS feedback. It's FREE. It's on my Droid X (the app was how I found MFP) so I can ALWAYS keep track. It's EASY. I feel blessed that someone thought this up and is making it available to suffering (speaking for myself there!) people and EMPOWERING the individual to take control and take charge for themselves. I’m naming it and claiming it for myself, and…

…I'm glad to be here!
    And we're glad you're here. What a great introductory post. Welcome!
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    Welcome! Sending a friend request now. I don't think it matters whether we need to lose 15 lbs. or 150 lbs., it's hard to do alone. We're all in this together! :flowerforyou:
  • husstler
    husstler Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Such a great way to start your new year! Welcome!
  • jamaka1
    jamaka1 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    welcome, have fun & take it one day at a time
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard.You`ve made a decision to change your life.One day at a time you can do it!!!
    jane
  • odaatsue
    Options
    Thank you all for the nice welcome -I feel at home already! :happy: