Tea Please!

Options
adezeray
adezeray Posts: 72 Member
Hi what kind of tea do you drink and why? Does anyone drink tea to help with weight loss? I'm just trying to change the water routine up and started thinking about tea, but I wanted some suggestions. I do not take vitamins so anything that would be helpful, would be nice. Thank you for any suggestions!

Replies

• cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I drink mostly Green tea with different flavors and I always put a sweetener in it. I don't particularly care for it plain. I started drinking it because it is supposed to boost your metabolism - but upon further research I found you would have to drink a lot of it for that to happena nd it's a miniscule difference you wouldn't even notice. In any case, I do enjoy it as it does keep me from snacking while drinking it and is a break from water.

I also drink Tazo Tea Passion Fruit which is REALLY good warm or iced
    I also like the Apple Berry and Cinnamon apple teas - they are kinda fall-ish and super comforting.

I used to drink chamomile or caramel soothing bedtime tea as they are supposed to help you "relax" at night but I'm so high strung it didn't help lol
  • chloeealicee
    chloeealicee Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I used to be obsessive with drinking tea for the apparent benefits they have even if i didn't like the taste *cough* lemon and ginger *cough* but now i just drink the ones i like and any benefits are a bonus:) idek if they work but i like to believe they do.

-Pure green tea is like my base tea! i drink LOTS of this every single day. (i didn't notice an weight loss though) but i love it.
    -Mint tea is lovely and is supposed to be really good for digestion so i drink it sometimes half hour before or after dinner, it's got a really nice cool/hot sensation.
    -Nettle tea has a nice grassy taste (my fav atm) and is supposed to be very good for clear skin
    -Camomile is good before bed and helps me relax
    -Ginger tea is also good for digestion and if your stomach is a bit uneasy and also helps with soothing aches and those pesky time of the month cramps.

These are the one's i know i drink of the top of my head :smile: i think they have a bit of a placebo effect on me and the benefits are all just in my head, i just love tea so much haha :laugh: but look around and try some and see what works for you! there are so many more to try!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I drink either green or black tea, usually with Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice tea, which really isn't tea at all, but tastes awesome.

I drink these because I like them. I don't think they do anything for weight loss, since I also drank them when I was gaining weight.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I don't drink tea for weight loss. But, I love tea....all kinds.

Tea is zero calorie, yet comes in tons of flavors. Unsweetened tea was an acquired taste for me. But not difficult at all. I started with a big pitcher full & 1/4 C sugar. Then stepped it down gradually. I love iced tea (Lipton's Pyramid Berry is excellent).

Tea with milk & sugar: Yogi Mayan Cocoa Spice is a low calorie alternative to hot chocolate. Chai is excellent.....Bigelow makes French Vanilla Chai & Pumpkin Spice Chai. These are good for the "beginner." What I mean is Celestial Seasonings puts black pepper in their chai (this is traditional) but it's definitely an acquired taste.

Green tea......don't use too hot water to steep it. Boiling water can make a bitter green tea. Lipton Red Raspberry Goji is nice & fruity. Makes a good iced tea also.
  • smushymushy85
    Options
    I have 40 ome odd types of tea lots of loose leaf it makes great alternative to juice add it to smoothies even cook with it
  • LizK95
    LizK95 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If you want to drink tea for weight loss, try using loose leaf tea instead of bags. Bags are bleached and processed and actually have no nutritional value. Try oolong tea to help digestion and gently boost metabolism. Black tea is also good because the caffeine will help curb your appetite.
  • fitandhealthyplease
    fitandhealthyplease Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    All of Twinings fruit teas are delicious, especially the cranberry, raspberry and elderflower. They are refreshing and make a change from ordinary breakfast tea.
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I drink all kinds of tea, mainly unsweetened unless I am sick. Honey and lemon is great for my sore throat. I use fresh ginger when I have a tummy ache. I order loose leaf tea online. I have gone to many different places before I found the place I love. I drink green, white, oolong, pu-erh, barely, and herbals. Just depends on what taste you like, but grab some from the store and try them out.
  • LizK95
    LizK95 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I drink all kinds of tea, mainly unsweetened unless I am sick. Honey and lemon is great for my sore throat. I use fresh ginger when I have a tummy ache. I order loose leaf tea online. I have gone to many different places before I found the place I love. I drink green, white, oolong, pu-erh, barely, and herbals. Just depends on what taste you like, but grab some from the store and try them out.

Oh, Pu-ehr is hardcore weight loss tea. Very acquired taste though.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I drink ALL THE TEAS!

Seriously, if it exists, I've probably indulged. My go tos are:

Chamomile
    English Breakfast
    Earl Grey
    Green
    and
    Cinnamon

I drink them because I like them, not for any health benefit claims.
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    My favorites are darjeeling and jasmine green tea. :)
  • lilliemelissa
    lilliemelissa Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I second the Tazo Passion Fruit tea! And don't be afraid to mix and match. I love green tea mixed with passion fruit, or blueberry and passion fruit. I'm drinking plain green tea as I type. And I almost always have a cup of tea before bed, after my workout. I find it soothing.
  • _mlee_
    _mlee_ Posts: 90
    Options
    I LOVE tea but I don't drink it for weight loss. I do think it is a great alternative so you dont have to drink water all the time. I usually order mine from David's Tea which is A-Mazing!
  • dwm2112
    dwm2112 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I love tea. All kinds of tea. My favorites are: Irish or English breakfast, Darjeeling, Earl Grey, Camomile (various flavors, love vanilla and honey), mint green, jasmine, lavender, and yes, even lemon and ginger. I don't drink it specifically to help with weight loss, but the caffeinated varieties help with allaying hunger. And the herbal varieties help me relax and sleep so I can recover from hard workouts.
  • LisaGamerGirl
    Options
    Huge tea fan right here!!
    Ginger, peppermint, fennel, green, jasmine... :)
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Earl Grey, hot. The only kind I drink.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Huge tea fan right here!!
    Ginger, peppermint, fennel, green, jasmine... :)

Fennel? I've never tried that and I grow the stuff.

(make a note to try this later in the year)
  • linzspence
    linzspence Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Tea has helped me ease the sweet cravings I get, especially at night. Tea hasn't made the cravings go away, but tea makes it more bearable and helps me make smarter choices when it comes to sweeties at night.

I drink a lot of herbal tea. I live near this herb shop that makes amazing blends. My favorite blend is their Sweet Summertime blend which is (equal parts I think) lemongrass, hibiscus, and peppermint. It has loads of vitamin C and is great hot or cold.

I also drink Celestial Seasonings, and Tazo herbal blends. I like Early Grey in the morning.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I make a sun tea which I drink several times a week. It's a green tea bag with a fruity one thrown in for flavor. No added sugar.
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options

Oh, Pu-ehr is hardcore weight loss tea. Very acquired taste though.

Pu-erh does have a strong taste, depending on type. I hated the stuff I tried before and shy away from it until I found the tea store I love. It is my morning tea now and I love it. I use loose leaf versus the cakes and I do not buy tea market at weight lost. I just wanted to try out all the teas and I like pu-erh over yerba mate.
    (Overkill explanation ahead) I buy on taste and sometimes health benefits. I have my white tea with peppermint and chamomile for mild tummy troubles, and for more serious trouble, I add ginger into that mix. I love blueberry rooibos mixed with white. I do not drink white tea plain often, but I do enjoy a cup of it every now and than. I love kukicha and matcha green tea, really green tea overall. Barely is drunk during the summer months. Oolong is my pick me up during the day. Chai's are good too. I am not big on black teas. Just do look over any teas used for health reason or weight reason out of the normal teas. Some stuff they market has some serious side
    I own many teapots and reuse my tea through out the day. I really love my teas. During times I am sick, they are mainly all I drink since water just does not cut it.