Ladies- who currently weigh around 128 lbs...

Options
What calorie number are you trying to hit?
MFP suggest 1 pound loss, 1200 cal goal. I also read a deficit should be 10-12 times your weight so 1280 to 1536. 1536! Wow. Nice.
Currently I decided on 1,300. Just because 1200 seem to little for my appitite ..lol. and is only 100 more than what MFP suggests.
On the days I exercise I obiously have more. But the target calorie number is 1300.
What is yours?
I am a bit confused by all these different suggestions and calculators and such.
I tried a TDEE calculator or what ever its called and it actually gave me a 1080 calorie goal... what?!?!?! No way.

Replies

• DianaGabriela2013
    DianaGabriela2013 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    WHAT?!?!?! lol.. well depending on the height, 128 might not be so little. lol
  • asciident
    asciident Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    You're being too aggressive with your weekly loss goal. At 128 lb you don't have much to lose even if you are very short (under 5') so you should be going for 1/2 lb loss. It's slower but more sustainable.

Read these:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819925-the-basics-don-t-complicate-it
  • 120by30
    120by30 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Calorie goals will vary from person to person depending on height and activity level, too. The best way to know what your calorie goal should be is trial and error. Not very much help, I know. Sorry.
  • DeadKoala
    DeadKoala Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm about 129lbs, 5'3", not very active, but fairly young. I'm trying to go on a keto diet, and currently my goal is 1776 calories per day. I might raise/lower it depending on how it's going, and whether or not I'm working out.
  • IdRatherBeReading
    IdRatherBeReading Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your level of activities. When I was doing Insanity, it was recommended for me to have 1700-1850 based on the formula Insanity gives you. I am not doing that at the moment, but have been regularly running and will start training for a half marathon in a few weeks, and I have mine set at 1400.
  • DianaGabriela2013
    Options
    No, I am not really being agressive. At 0.5lb per week loss MFP suggest 1360 cals. Thats only 60 more.
    Plus I log EVERY exercise I do and eat ALL calories back. I take two 15 minute walks at work and do a Circut training video at home. Which might give me an extra 280 calories a day. So basically Im having 1580 cals a day, NETing at 1300, after food & exercise is considered.
  • chele1028
    chele1028 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I am at 126 lbs, 5'3", and have mine set at 1509 with .5 lb loss a week. I usually come below that some but do notice a loss when I stick around 1400 ish.
  • DianaGabriela2013
    Options
    Well I guess that is what I am doing basically about 1580, so a little more.
    1.300 on days when i dont exercise. That is another thing that confuses me. When people state how many cals a day they are set to, are they NOT including exercise calories? or stating what calories they NET at after exercise.

I say I am on 1300, because that is how much I aim to net. But technically most days I am at 1580 cals.
    I hope its not too much, I am 5'4, 128 lbs.