Keto Diet

Options
Hello, hopefully this is the right board to post this on.
I'm trying to start a keto diet, and I was wondering if some more experienced users of this diet could look at my data, and tell me if it should work.

I'm using CRON-O-Meter to track my macros.

My daily goal is:
1776 kcal (I think maintenance is about 2000 to 2200 for me, depending on activity)
20g Carbohydrates (5%, 80 kcal) (net carbs)
75g Protein (17%, 300 kcal)
155g Fat (78%, 1396 kcal)

Today, I wasn't able to reach this goal, and came in at:
1534.8 kcal
16.7g Carbohydrates
70.4g Protein
128.8g Fat

Originally my protein goal was 70g (which is why that's what I had today), but I found that I have a difficult time eating that little protein. I'd prefer to be able to eat more than the 75g that I upped it to, but I've heard that protein can make it difficult to enter ketosis. How much protein should I eat to enter ketosis? I am still growing and mostly sedentary (30min to 2hr of walking most days, sometimes more sometimes less, infrequent other exercise), but am kind of muscular.

This is my first day, so input is really helpful. Anything you have to say (unless you're a troll) would be great!

Also: I ate some cheese (3.9 oz cheddar and 0.7 oz cream cheese) today, and I am wondering if that will hinder my weight loss potential.

Replies

• DeadKoala
    DeadKoala Posts: 13
    Options
    Is it okay to bump your own post on this site? :yawn:
  • Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be too concerned with the protein in take. Body builders average around 160 and they are still able to get benefits from low carbing.
  • DeadKoala
    Options
    I wouldn't be too concerned with the protein in take. Body builders average around 160 and they are still able to get benefits from low carbing.

Bodybuilers have more muscles to fuel, and are usually still trying to build. As a mostly sedentary female, I am concerned that the protein will be converted to glucose and not let me enter ketosis.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Here's a link to the keto group here.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/1160-keto
  • DeadKoala
    Options
    Thank you! :)