How you log T25 excercise???

Options
Hey guys,

I was wondering how you log a t25 excercise session since its not distinctively in the excercises lists? Thanks for the insight!

Replies

• jacquieongachi
    Options
    I would log it either as circuit training or as aerobics.
  • Orion782
    Orion782 Posts: 391
    Options
    Negative...in order to get an accurate calorie burn you need a HRM. See threads for recommendations on which one. You need to calibrate it to your weight and obviously have a chest strap; that's the only accurate way to get calories burned.

Then, you can enter that information in and create a "New Exercise" on the fitness menu here. In Alpha you will likely start by burning a TON of cals, but by Beta you will be more in shape and your calorie burn will drop slightly and stabilze. Then, you could use a quick add feature.

HIIT is not the same as circuit training/aerobics.
  • culo97
    culo97 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

I was wondering how you log a t25 excercise session since its not distinctively in the excercises lists? Thanks for the insight!
    You can choose between Aerobics, low impact, Aerobics, high impact and Aerobics, general. I usually go by how hard I think I worked out.

MFP factors in the current number you've entered for weight to calculate calories burned,
  • Bricrekel
    Options
    I do what Orion suggested. I have created a new exercise and I name it by the T25 Name (i.e. T25 Alpha Cardio). I use a chest strat and input the actual calories burned along with the length of the workout. This way you can distinguish between T25 Cardio and Insanity or P90X...if you do those later.

--Brian
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I do what Orion suggested. I have created a new exercise and I name it by the T25 Name (i.e. T25 Alpha Cardio). I use a chest strat and input the actual calories burned along with the length of the workout. This way you can distinguish between T25 Cardio and Insanity or P90X...if you do those later.

--Brian
    I do the same. As for the HRM- I use polar ft4.
  • graham713
    graham713 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Negative...in order to get an accurate calorie burn you need a HRM. See threads for recommendations on which one. You need to calibrate it to your weight and obviously have a chest strap; that's the only accurate way to get calories burned.

Then, you can enter that information in and create a "New Exercise" on the fitness menu here. In Alpha you will likely start by burning a TON of cals, but by Beta you will be more in shape and your calorie burn will drop slightly and stabilze. Then, you could use a quick add feature.

HIIT is not the same as circuit training/aerobics.

^Yes, this is the best method. That's how I've been doing it.
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I do the same. I didn't realize at first you could put your own exercise in. It helps me looking back to see what I did that day also.
    I use a HRM most of the time, other times put in an average of what I usually do.