Ideal protein

Options
Hey folks.
I'm looking for buddies and support for those doing ideal protein with alternate products. I am in phase 1. Any support, advice, or experience would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advanced.

Replies

• getfitforlife2
    Options
    Hey! How far into the program are you? I just started last Wednesday so I can't offer much advice right now but would love some support also!
  • lknorthstar
    lknorthstar Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hey I also just started on 04/08. I lost six pounds my first week! They set me up with a pre food menu. Most of the stuff I did not care for. This past week I tried a bunch of other food and have found some that I don't mind! Have you found any foods that you like yet?
  • Shenanagins85
    Shenanagins85 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My coach have me a list of foods I can have also a bunch of other brands to try their good products however anything I eat has to fall into the criteria. If it doesn't match all of it I can't have it. :/ it's hard but seems to be cheaper than buying all IP products. Inbox me and I'll send you my list if you like.
  • Jo4applerose
    Jo4applerose Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Shen...the site 3fatchicksonadiet is huge on IP. Biggest support group out there for that plan. I start it on Friday May 2...good luck
  • 4aces61
    4aces61 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Can I ask what it is?
  • GuyIncognito123
    GuyIncognito123 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm following the Ideal Protein diet as well.

You may want to look for the Ideal Protein and Low Carb groups and join them. There are a TON of trolls on MFP who do nothing but viciously attack anyone posting something that goes against their views so you're best not mention it on the public boards (oh wait - they already started? Surprise!).

:laugh:
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Looks like MLM diet product. Eh, whatever.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    When I saw the thread topic, I was going to offer that shrimp is my ideal protein, but never mind.
  • GuyIncognito123
    Options
    Yes, we are all trolls because we think eating protein, carbs and fats while training to achieve our goals is smart without having to resort to gimmicks. Okay.

Thank you for proving my point. :laugh:
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    I'm following the Ideal Protein diet as well.

You may want to look for the Ideal Protein and Low Carb groups and join them. There are a TON of trolls on MFP who do nothing but viciously attack anyone posting something that goes against their views so you're best not mention it on the public boards (oh wait - they already started? Surprise!).

:laugh:
    Yes, we are all trolls because we think eating protein, carbs and fats while training to achieve our goals is smart without having to resort to gimmicks. Okay.

I don't know how smart I am but...my thoughts...I have to learn to control my weight while eating the foods that I truly enjoy eating. Those foods include all the food groups.

This might make me a troll...but...I don't like to have preplanned meals...someone telling me what I can and can not eat. I like trying new things...enjoy experimenting in the kitchen.

I guess I dare not ask...just what is "Ideal Protein"...to me that is chicken...you can cook it so many ways!

Okay...I am heading back to where all of us trolls live...where ever that is...
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options

Thank you for proving my point. :laugh:

Here is a point that is easy to prove. The failure rate is higher for people who use restrictive "product" based diets than those who don't.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    When I saw the thread topic, I was going to offer that shrimp is my ideal protein, but never mind.

I made fish tacos a couple of days ago...they were pretty "ideal".

Cajun chicken with pasta and vegetables last night...it was pretty high on the "ideal" list too.
  • GuyIncognito123
    Options
    Because IP goes against your views it doesn't make it a gimmick, wrong, or a bad idea.

It is a recognised program and should be allowed to be spoken about openly on MFP without members being attacked by others.

If you are ignorant of a program - just move onto the next topic instead of insulting it.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Braised beef liver with onions was my "ideal protein" tonight. 6.2oz for 332cal and 51g protein.
  • GuyIncognito123
    Options
    Tonight I had fish (9 oz) with vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, cucumber and mushrooms). 255 cals with 42g of protein.