Feeling fatigued during work outs... push myself or call it

Options
So I have been going strong all week.. doing atleast 45 mins on the elliptical and burning between 360-470 calories. Today I BARELY got in 30 minutes. I felt so fatigued and decided to make today a short one. Should I listen to my body and end the work out or push myself?

Thanks guys :)

Replies

• DrumlineGirl
    DrumlineGirl Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Just curious, how many days in a row did you work out? I find that one rest day a week is usually needed to let your body recuperate and repair.
  • Samantha0905
    Options
    Today was my 4th day.
  • Nazbuster
    Options
    45 minutes is a lot. Make sure you are getting enough calories and enough protien to support muscle growth. You mayb be dieting too hard. Build the muscle to burn more calories.
  • utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Yes, listen to your body. I try not to exercise more than 4 days in a row and if on that 4th day I'm just "not feeling it" I don't push myself and take a rest. Then I tackle the next day!!! My goal is to exercise at least 4 days a week. and I feel that knowing I have some rest days in there it'll let my body recuperate.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    So I have been going strong all week.. doing atleast 45 mins on the elliptical and burning between 360-470 calories. Today I BARELY got in 30 minutes. I felt so fatigued and decided to make today a short one. Should I listen to my body and end the work out or push myself?

Thanks guys :)

Listen to your body and REST!!

Sometimes we need a brake for a day or two to heal and recuperate. You will not gain any weight by resting, on the "contrair" you will benefit from it.
  • Samantha0905
    Options
    I am VERY hard on myself. I sorta wonder if this was my problem in the past.. working out like a crazy person and not eating enough. I've gotten alot of mixed information for years that I dont know what's normal anymore. My former trainer at the gym urged me to drop from 1200 to 800 cals while having me work out for 2 hours a day. I stopped going to the gym over it. Your comments help so much! Appreciate them :)
  • tatiana_13
    Options
    If it's one workout...hard to know. We all have those days where we feel like we're just sloggin' through. And sometimes, it's okay to push through it. But, if it's a pattern, you may be either over training (easy to do if you're just starting to work out), or, you're not feeding your body enough of what it wants. Don't go to low on calories, and make sure you are eating good quality veggies, fruit, and protein. If the tiredness is a pattern...especially if you don't feel yourself more energized after working out, then your body is trying to tell you something. So easing up may be a good first step...but you've also got to pay attention and figure out what the problem is. If it's nutrition, then just resting more isn't going to help. Good luck! This is a journey--not only to getting healthier, but to understanding your own body better. So be patient!
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    Sounds like over-training. Take a day or two off. I could be wrong but I know when I've had that happen in the past where I just felt very weak and fatigued I took a day or two off and then all was right with the world.