Any brides out there with advice about dress shopping?

Options
13»

Replies

• NickeeCoco
    NickeeCoco Posts: 130
    Options
    My dress took almost SIX MONTHS to come in. It was made to order, so ask questions. I know some are saying that it only took a week for them, and that's great, but that's not the norm.

I ordered my dress one size smaller than I needed. I ended up dropping 3 sizes, so I had to pay almost $500 in alterations (plus a French bustle) to bring it in.

If you do have to bring it in, make sure you don't have a lot of beading at the seams, because that makes it a LOT of work for the seamstress, and you'll be charged for all of that. Luckily, my dress didn't have a lot of beading there, but that's because I did that on purpose. I didn't want my arms to chafe when I was dancing.

Also, from what I hear the seamstress can only bring it up or down by 3 sizes, so don't over shoot.
  • BurghGirl03
    Options
    Thank you everyone so much for your help and suggestions! I will definitely not be ordering my dress a size smaller than what I actually on the day that I order it. Luckily I plan to purchase mine from Davids Bridal so most likely the dress will be off the rack. if they do have to order it, I think the max time it takes for a dress to arrive is 4 weeks, thats for designers like Vera Wang, Oleg Cassini and Melissa Sweet.

I will definitely start making a plan and figuring out when the best time to order will be and all of that. Thanks again for your help!! :happy: