5' 2" Ladies - what is your best weight? goal weight?

Options

Replies

• skiextrm
    skiextrm Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm not a small build and my doctor gave me 160 lbs as my goal weight!
    [/quote

Mine, too! But I'm under that now and shooting for 137 (62 yrs old, 5'1.5). Then I'll probably go for 129/130 where I looked really good.]
  • TIFFANYLEIGHSMITH
    TIFFANYLEIGHSMITH Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1" and I have my goal weight listed as 120 but I would really like to be in the 105-110 range.
  • LizzClo
    LizzClo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 29 yo and 5'3" and have not been below 130 lbs since I'd guess my early teens. In the last year I went from 177 lbs to 130-135 lbs. I would like to get between 120 - 125 lbs, but I'm really struggling to stay below 135 lb. I don't think I'll ever get below 120 lbs, I love my food (specifically chocolate) way too much for that. Would really like to get toned, but not sure how to go about doing that as I don't have the money or time for the gym (I think I would need a personal trainer) so for now I'm doing mainly cardio and some JM DVDs.
  • mishtery
    mishtery Posts: 148
    Options
    I'm 5'1 my goal is 55kg. I can go lower but I'd rather see how I am at the time. After gallbladder surgery yrs ago I lost too much so want to be careful bout it. Since then I had another child now no more kids and can work it off and keep it off.
  • vyvanseprincess
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and would feel most comfortable getting back to 95-100 lbs. Not sure where I'm at right now. Probably low 130s or high 120s.
  • DucklingtoSwan
    DucklingtoSwan Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'1.5" and I am aiming for 125 pounds. I've never been a 'normal' weight since I was about 8, though, so I don't even know if that's right for me. And honestly, last time I weighed that much was Junior high! And I caught a lot of hell for it, since I hadn't really even reached my full height yet so at that weight I was undeniably tubby.
  • carlystirland
    Options
    Some people have wider hips, shoulders which totally effects their weight. I am 5"3" and currently weigh 140. I have weighed as little as 120 but seemed impossible to weigh less than that. I say 125-130 is great. But depends on your body type. I am just starting dieting again. Day 3!! I can do it.
  • olehcat
    olehcat Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5" and currently am about 148. Want to weight 110-120. We'll see! I think I'll like anything in the 120's!
  • vermillionlove
    vermillionlove Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my goal is 150 right now. I'm not sure what weight I should really try to go for for my frame. It feels kinda bad seeing you guys describe your highest weights of like 130 as "yucky".. I'll feel lucky if I ever get that low. I started at 220 lbs.

I set my goal at 150 because i remember seeing that number in high school. I was still chubby then though. So I should go for 130 or lower probably. I weigh 165 currently.
  • Yep_imchicbad
    Yep_imchicbad Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    (Sigh).......... ok, I'm 39 years old, mother of 3. I weighed 124 after my last kid at 24 years of age, before any kids- I was 115. At my heaviest I was 154 ( I know) then went down to 133. I looked crazy skinny ( I did dieting with ZERO exercise) then I decided to get tone, since I was all flabby and deflated. I went from 133 in a size 6 juniors to 140 in a size 3-4. this is me know. I had my sights set on the magical number 125. But I don't care what the scale says anymore, I'm more interested in how I look in the mirror, the muscle tone, and measurements are how I keep track of my progress. I don't want to look all sucked up and skin saggy. I could care less about being a size 2. Id rather be healthy, so if I look better heavier than so be it.

You should really quit all this I need to be 100 pounds cause I'm short stuff. And eating 1200 calories or less is for the birds. Literally. And you wonder why your so hungry, tired, have headaches and your hair is falling out.
    I eat from 1400-1800 calories, lift weights with minimum to zero cardio. I'm losing weight still.
  • BBMohr48
    BBMohr48 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just under 5'3", 50 yrs (lol wow!!) anyhow...I just started MFP, today is day 7 and not happy, only lost 1lb. I was a major yoyo dieter with anorexia and bulemia under my belt:( (not proud) but in my 48th year of life, my son was deployed to AF and it was about time for me to do things right. I ended up joining WW and went from my highest weight ever 137 (even during pregnancey) down to 102 in 9 months. Needless to say, everyone thought I was crazy and said I looked ill. I took it slow and started eating things that I've never had.. on a daily basis, depression and so on kicked in; and now I'm back up to 124 as of today. It's just so hard to "not" constantly care about getting thin the fast way. I'm really trying but this is by far the hardest go at it for me...recently diagnosed with an illness and I just find myself wanting to give up. I love to run ...so that's probably the only thing on my side right now. Please give me the strength to be healthy for my husband, kids (27 & 23) and two grandsons (5 & 3) that I love with all my heart. My goal weight is 105 because that's where I'm happy and I felt the healthiest ever. Why did I listen to everyone....just an excuse I guess. I think all of you are doing an awesome job with your goals! Keep it up!

*I've never been over 120, except for both pregnancies at 135 & 136. When My son graduated from high school in 09 and left for the military and a bunch of other unfortunate events, basically sent me into a spiral of emotional depression and went up to a weight of 137.
  • Tara_Alesia
    Tara_Alesia Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My best weight was 170, which is what my previous efforts on MFP got me down to. I started dating my now fiance who is the PICKIEST EATER, EVER and ended up getting lazy, thus gaining everything back. I am currently 242, and trying to get down to 150. I was TINY at 170 (I have a large frame), and all my clothes were falling off of me. I also felt the most healthy I ever had. I may or may not go lower (Maybe 145?), but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

While I'm making a lifestyle change, having a wedding in a year and a half doesn't hurt the motivation!
  • Amwhite1986
    Amwhite1986 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2, 158lbs, and it's my lowest weight since early highschool(28 now). My doctor set 160 as my goal. I have a medium - large frame and hourglass figure so look better with some extra weight. I want to get down to 137 - 150. The general consensus is that I'd look too small under 135-ish.
  • itsnikki
    itsnikki Posts: 4
    Options
    I don't know my ultimate goal yet. I'm 5'3", and don't remember ever being below 160ish. I want to get below the 200s, then 160 which will put me at just "overweight" and then... I don't know. 130/120 will put me at mid to Hough normal and I'll see after that.

As of now, my weight distributes all over. But in the 160s, it was mainly in hips and thighs. Still had big boobs though. I have small shoulders and wrists? LOL! It'll be neat to see how my body changes, I have no idea what my frame really is like. I'm just fat right now. But I won't be forever! :)
  • LizzClo
    LizzClo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I had my sights set on the magical number 125. But I don't care what the scale says anymore, I'm more interested in how I look in the mirror, the muscle tone, and measurements are how I keep track of my progress. I don't want to look all sucked up and skin saggy. I could care less about being a size 2. Id rather be healthy, so if I look better heavier than so be it.

You should really quit all this I need to be 100 pounds cause I'm short stuff. And eating 1200 calories or less is for the birds. Literally. And you wonder why your so hungry, tired, have headaches and your hair is falling out.
    I eat from 1400-1800 calories, lift weights with minimum to zero cardio. I'm losing weight still.

Honestly all the talk of being 90 to 110 lbs is depressing me. Going from 177 to 135 felt like an accomplishment until people start referring to 135 as being fat. Guess I'm fat still.
  • JensRiot
    JensRiot Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and currently 113.5-116. My goal right now is 107, I'm 35 and I have a small frame. In my late 20s I weighed 98, which was too small. 105-107 will be great, but these last pounds are tough. My highest was 137, but I got down to 112 before getting pregnant with the last kiddo (he's 1 year old).
  • bunnerfly
    bunnerfly Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I am currently 184.6lbs. I have mini goals, 140, 130, etc,.. With a final GW of 120.
  • Yep_imchicbad
    Yep_imchicbad Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I had my sights set on the magical number 125. But I don't care what the scale says anymore, I'm more interested in how I look in the mirror, the muscle tone, and measurements are how I keep track of my progress. I don't want to look all sucked up and skin saggy. I could care less about being a size 2. Id rather be healthy, so if I look better heavier than so be it.

Honestly all the talk of being 90 to 110 lbs is depressing me. Going from 177 to 135 felt like an accomplishment until people start referring to 135 as being fat. Guess I'm fat still.

Oh that's just mean! Anyone who guesses my weight thinks I'm 115 or 120. I'm 140. And they're so shocked, but I'm muscle. I think it should matter to you what you feel when you look in the mirror. That's what's important. Your health and how you feel. I'm rooting for you. Some people are such haters. Don't let them get in your head.
  • bunnerfly
    bunnerfly Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I'm 32 years old. I've never been below 130 as an adult, and I still felt chunky, but I think that had more to do with the fact that I didn't lift or do strength training, which I want to get into. I have mini goals so I can reevaluate how I feel at certain weights. My heart isn't going to be broken if I stop at 140. In fact, I tend to be muscular and I have a fabulous bubble butt and thick thighs, so anywhere from 130 to 140 is probably realistic. 120 is kind of an arbitrary number. As are all numbers on the scale, I guess.
  • thephelps2001
    Options
    Well, I am about135. I was up to 142 (heaviest ever!-) and felt icky-lost about 7 lbs by just cutting out the red wine. I feel much better at 135, but would like to get to 129 (which is why I am on this site) I have been as skinny as 100-size 0 before kids (was 'healthy' but no body fat and probably looked like a skeleton) was okay around 120, but then got more of a desk job, added a few glasses of wine a week-i tried to really diet and started losing my hair-swore off dieting and gained whatever wt I lost plus.

I walk every lunch break for about 30mns, do yoga once a week and try to get to the gym or out on a brisk walk a couple times a week. Need to increase water!

Basically it is what you feel good at! If you are able to stay active and feel good at a certain weight and feel good about yourself, you are at a 'good weight'.

one thing that has stuck with me thru the years (diet wise) some one mentioned they were 40lbs 'overweight' they had a big frame and mentioned they carried it well. she told be to imagine what it felt like to carry a 40lbs bag of dog food around all day everyday, how tiring that would be-she said she wanted to put that bag of dog food down. That imagine has stuck in my head even though I only have a bag of flour to lose, I am sick of dragging it around.