Before/after photos

Options
I've seen some people who have put up before and after photos and have done amazing, I'm going to get my husband to take my before pics tonight to spur me on in my weight loss.
What are peoples views on displaying before and after photos? :smile:

Replies

• mccallp319
    mccallp319 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I take a picture on the 16th of every month. Sometimes you cant tell how much weight you've really lost, until you look at pictures of yourself .
  • eallen65
    eallen65 Posts: 19
    Options
    Good idea taking new ones every month, thanks.
  • NaeNaeJanae
    NaeNaeJanae Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I had my husband take before pictures of me last spring…just before I found out I needed surgery. Now I wish I looked like those before pictures. :) Oh well, here we go again! Once a month is an awesome idea to see how much you've changed. I'll get on that.
  • SoliQ
    SoliQ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Good idea, I don't like to take pictures of myself now but I will start to take them once a month to see my progress, Thanks!
  • eallen65
    Options
    Usually when my husband takes a pic of me I always say don't take the bottom half ha ha
  • MakeMineSugarFree
    MakeMineSugarFree Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Photos during the whole process is a good thing. Like someone else mentioned, at times it can be difficult to see your progress without them. Best of luck to you!!
  • eallen65
    Options
    you can do it !!! good luck.
  • MBrothers22
    MBrothers22 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I take 2 mirror pictures every 30th day. (0,30,60...).
    One from the front and one from the side.
    Wear as little clothes as possible
  • 1JoyfulNoise
    1JoyfulNoise Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I think having before and after pics is a great idea!
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    I tried to take progress pics, in the same spot, at the big weight loss goals. Every 5 lbs. I regret not taking one at my highest weight. Was not in the mindset to have my picture taken back then though.

I would feel awkward posting my progress pics on my facebook page but on here it seems acceptable. Take them even if you don plan on showing anyone. It will help you see progress and you may change your mind later.
  • DCarney
    DCarney Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You should have them for yourself even if you have no intention of posting them. Pictures and measurements tell a story of progress that the scale never can!
  • eallen65
    Options
    Had my pics took last night, wanted to cry but I know I will get to my goal, I am determined to get healthier and stronger.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Def' good to keep before and progress pictures even if you just do them for yourself. I have my front and side before pictures as my desktop wallpaper and its good self motivation.
  • AmZam05
    AmZam05 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I first started working out and watching what I eat about 3 weeks ago and I took a front and side picture on the first day. I really didn't want to, because if anyone ever saw it I think I would have a panic attack because I am very self conscious, but I am glad I did because the scale doesn't really tell that much. I have a muscular build so the scale says 200 but I'm the same size as my 180lb friend. As you exercise, your muscles will continue to grow, and muscles are heavy. Pictures and measurements are the best way to actually see what progress you are making. Just make sure you don't suck in your stomach at all.

I plan on doing pictures and measurements on the 1st of every month and writing it all down. It will keep you on track. Now if I could convince my boyfriend to do his Before pictures....

Good luck on your journey!
  • mattmccool3
    mattmccool3 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I think it's a huge motivator. I just finished my first 90 days and the pictures helped me with my goals.

www.matt-mccool.com