Today's NSV! What's yours??

Options
BrendaS03
BrendaS03 Posts: 92 Member
I am a newbie runner and have been going at it for about a year now. Last year at this time I could run a 5k but would be completely exhausted afterwards, want to quit early on the run and I would be sore for days! (No joke! lol) Today I went on for an 8k "easy" run, felt great about it and I am looking forward to running 16k on Saturday!

I used to obsess over the numbers on the scale. Frustrated at the slow progress, but today was an amazing example of how my fitness has improved in the last year and that's just as important if not more! I have fallen completely in love with running :) I will be ready for my half marathon in June in no time!!

Who else is having a NSV kind of day??

Replies

• Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Mine seems silly now since reading yours. I "ran" for a bus, and caught it!!! Got to understand I haven't "ran" for a bus (or anything) in more than 10 yrs. I was always so out of breath and self conscious, didn't want anyone to see how ugly I move and floppy fat moving etc.., but you know, as I was running my mind was celebrating "hey, your doing it, you can do this go on"--wasn't late for work, thinking I am still too heavy to take up running but my 10-15K a day walking must be waking up some muscles!
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Well mine was yesterday but I am still pretty stoked over it. I can buy regular belts again! Not the weird stretchy kinds, or the chain link kind with it connected on the last link, but an actual belt! Its not much it made me cry.
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to wear a real belt, good for you , I'll probably cry as well when I get there, actually really want to wear jeans and a cool belt with a buckle --kinda fantasy outfit , you know tuck the shirt in, no embarrasing muffin top, can't wait
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to wear a real belt, good for you , I'll probably cry as well when I get there, actually really want to wear jeans and a cool belt with a buckle --kinda fantasy outfit , you know tuck the shirt in, no embarrasing muffin top, can't wait
    I can't wait to tuck my shirt in as well lol I am envious that you can run to catch a bus. I am not there yet. :)
  • BrendaS03
    Options
    Everybody starts somewhere! Don't discount your NSV of running to catch the bus! Well done :)

It's all the small steps along the way that make the progress you make so rewarding. With time, all the small things add up and you amaze yourself at how far you've come. Keep working, you are doing great!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    I walked up a flight of stairs with my work bag (a.k.a. suitcase), my purse, water bottle, and protein shake and was not winded. I think my cardio is finally paying off. :smile:
  • brigidy
    brigidy Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I wore skinny pants today!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • BrendaS03
    Options
    Awesome!
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's NSV, since it's now Thursday. This is really a life NSV. I ran 10 miles yesterday! I started running last August. I'm running a half marathon on May 3.
  • abrockhausen
    abrockhausen Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My NSV was yesterday, I satrted my journey to a healthier me. Looking forward to taking the trip with all of yall.
  • scottnavy
    scottnavy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    When, after noticing that I bicycled over 200 miles this month of April, my daughter said that I was addicted to cycling.
  • cggrlsteph
    cggrlsteph Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I went into a sporting store, they were having a sale so I bought some XL nike workout pants (capri yoga style,fitted) thinking I will have to wait to wear them... nope... totally fit into them now, wore them this week at the gym. So happy I no longer have to order PLUS size *kitten* anymore. Also all my plus size bike shorts are looking horrible on me since they are BIG. Woot! Guess I have to buy some more lol.

Congrats to all of you on your NSV's!! Amazing job!
  • sixxkitty
    sixxkitty Posts: 27
    Options
    fa27efbc-4f30-4365-bf24-8e69ea32a17f_zps7ad04785.jpg?t=1398360042

I give up, I cannot get this picture to show up and it hasn't been deleted or moved :(

Haven't worn these size 14's in over a year :) Yay

SW: 228
    CW: 204
    GW: 160

24 lbs lost and 20.5 inches
  • BrendaS03
    Options
    So many great NSV's!! Amazing!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Excellent work everyone! :drinker:
  • GardenGirlie
    GardenGirlie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Bounded up the stairs at work today and realized that last year I had to hold the handrail and pull myself up them, being totally out of breath at the top. Today, not winded at all and did not even hold on to the rail. I did not do this on purpose....I just kind of stopped at the top and had that ah ha moment. It was awesome!!
  • marybowldseddington
    marybowldseddington Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Mine is kind of a dumb blonde moment..I asked my husband to feel my arm because it felt swollen on the back-tricep...it wasnt swollen- It was muscle!
  • Kittysaurusrex13
    Kittysaurusrex13 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I somehow made a hotdog into a healthy meal tonight. I also tried superfood salad and thought it was amazing compared to the macaroni and potato salads. Little victories.
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Great work everyone. I had that same moment GardenGirlie. Love the NSV's where you dot something then later realize it was something you couldn't do in the past.

Here's mine.

Today I wore my skinny(er) jeans.

I've got a ways to go on my journey towards fitness. One thing I do to motivate myself is to buy clothes I like that are to small. They have their own section in my closet and on occasion I try them on to judge my progress. The last time I bought jeans I got three pair that were too small and a fourth pair (my skinny(er) jeans) that were even three sizes smaller. I worked my way into the three pair and eventually they have gotten roomier. This morning I decided to try on my skinny(er) jeans. Not only could I put them on but they fit comfortably. Even my normal trouble spots like the calfs and thighs were comfortable. The only thing that could have been improved was if my belt had some more holes because it's to big. Almost two years one MFP and 2' of my waist. Victory!

Now to go buy some skinny(er) jeans.
  • dearcrumpet
    dearcrumpet Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My (thinner than me) roommate asked me for workout advice and even asked to come on my next run with me!

Never thought I'd be someone that people came to for fitness advice. :)

It was a great feeling.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!