What year/make/model car(s) do you have?

Options

Replies

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    2013 Ford Escape SE :)
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    64' Comet
    2004 KIA Sedona
    2008 Ford Ranger
  • weber22c
    Options
    I think most women have a hidden desire (or not so hidden) to be driven around in a sports car with the top down and engine roaring.

Or to drive it herself.

My garage currently consists of a 2009 Volkswagen GTI (my DD), a 2004 Volvo V70R (my husband's DD), and a 2005 Lotus Elise in chrome orange (weekend car). All are 6-speed manuals.
  • R_Calvillo
    R_Calvillo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
    2012 Dodge Ram Sport
    2003 Dodge Ram (dog/dump/misc truck)

All bought and paid for!

Good thing you clarified that. For a second I thought you stole them all. :-p
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I think most women have a hidden desire (or not so hidden) to be driven around in a sports car with the top down and engine roaring.

Or to drive it herself.

Highly dependent on the woman. Putting my girl in the driver seat of a 500 HP sports car. ohhhhh no. I prefer to live. And keep the car in one piece. When she learns to take care of her own car....then maybe, just maybe ;)
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    2007 Ford Focus SE. Fricking sweet. J/K. It sucks in the snow.

2004 Crysler Town & Country: just acquired this in the fall and only paid $1200 for that sweet ride.

I am soooooooo fancy.
  • weber22c
    Options

Or to drive it herself.

Highly dependent on the woman. Putting my girl in the driver seat of a 500 HP sports car. ohhhhh no. I prefer to live. And keep the car in one piece. When she learns to take care of her own car....then maybe, just maybe ;)

Applies to both genders. There are very few people I'll allow behind the wheel of any of my cars, male or female.

Plus, while HP is certainly a factor, it's not everything. The Elise has 190 HP at the crank but the cause of most Elise crashes is lift-off oversteer. Not an issue most drivers are equipped to handle.
  • dapunks
    dapunks Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    A red 2008 Suzuki SX4 goes by the name of Jake. :heart:
  • abelthephotographer
    Options
    Car-less, and pretty happy about that.

I moved to a city last summer, and found absolutely everything I needed within easy reach, either walking or by regular and reasonably cheap public transport. That goes for local amenities and travelling into the city centre too. I found myself spending £50-odd a week just to keep the car in front of the house, maintained, taxed and insured - but not moving. And of course, add fuel costs to that. I was only using it every fortnight or so, albeit clocking up about 250 miles (much cheaper by train, AND I can get some work done on the journey).

So the car went. I am richer. I am leaner for walking a LOT more. Since then I have absolutely HAD to have a car on one occasion, and I hired one for less than the weekly cost of keeping my old one parked up.

No real regrets.
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    My daily commute is by city bus. My evening/weekend ride is usually a 2012 Toyota Yaris as of the end of January. On rare occasions, it's a 2000 Infiniti i30. And while my name is on the title for the Infiniti, neither car is mine. Someday, I'll have a car of my own. (I'd love a Dodge Challenger... and I've heard they're bringing back the Barracuda. But practicality calls for something like a Toyota Tacoma or Highlander.)
  • Maddius
    Maddius Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    2011 Mercedes E Coupe AMG pack, white, black trim, panoramic glass. Love this car, awesome to drive.
  • tosullivan
    tosullivan Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    [url]IMG_0464.jpg[/url]
  • JefferyArnold
    JefferyArnold Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    2008 BMW 328i
    2012 Ducati Panigale 1199
    1987 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    2012 Honda Accord EX :love: His name is Dante.
  • ga3873
    ga3873 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    1963 Cadillac
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    currently driving a Toyota Echo........ it's a hire car so no idea what year (it's not obvious from the license plate like it is in the UK) and no danger of finding out my personal details or bank security questions from that info...
  • Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    O5 Renault Clio called Dewdrops lol
  • MissInfiniti
    MissInfiniti Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    2007 Infiniti G35s
    2008 Thoroughbred lol
  • mrsemmypants
    mrsemmypants Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Mine; 2010 Dodge Caliber. I hate it and want my Focus back!
    Husband; 2009 Mercury Milan
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I have a standard poodle, a goldendoodle, and a cat (all three rescues). I live in Southern California. I still drive the first car I ever bought. It's an old Pontiac and it looks a hot mess but it drives real nice. I'm going to drive it right into it's grave.

If it's all about the pets, the place of residence and the car, then what do all those things say about me?