hello new healthy world

Options
for the last 3 years, i haven't kept up on being healthy like i used to. i used to dance and cheer so i oculd eat pretty much anything i wanted and it didn't bother me. after h.s. i kept eating those same things and no exercise, so i gained about 30 lbs. i lost 10 lbs. just from not having time to eat while studying in college, which was NOT healthy at all!!! i want to lose the rest in a healthy way: eating veggies, fruits, and proteins, along with exercising, from the treadmill to wii fit and just dance 2 and biking with my boyfriend. if anyone has anything that they would like to share that has helped them, please let me know :smile:

Replies

• celesalk
    Options
    Welcome from one h.s. dancer to another! I was kinda in the same boat of going from eating whatever you wanted to having to think about weight and exercise... and not having time to thanks to college life.

The biggest thing that helped me when I was starting into college was finding new kinds of activities that I really enjoyed, because then I would WANT to go and exercise a couple times a week. My best advice is to try new things. I never saw myself as a fencer when I was lacing up my pointe shoes, but really started to enjoy it.

My problem now is staying motivated as the novelty of a new program slips away and another project has to be due. Maybe we can keep each other motivated!
  • LaVerne2008
    Options
    that would be great! i just finished college, but the stress of everyday life seems to be just a tough lol. i'm glad to know that another h.s. dancer is in this with me :smile:
  • acarter72
    acarter72 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Welcome LaVerne2008! I am new here and all I can say that will work well (as I have used another site once and lost 5-+ pounds there) is to really kick up the exercise piece as this will burn LOTS of calories and of course stay in your calorie limit too! Welcome, I am new here (day #1 for me too)!
  • acarter72
    acarter72 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    This is my first day too and though my calorie count could be lower i did see improvements. Hoping tomorrow will be BETTER! :wink:

I would love to have more "friends" so please send me a "friendship" request! The support through this is critical and I would love to be your friend!

HAPPY NEW YEARS to all! :flowerforyou:
  • LaVerne2008
    Options
    happy new year to you as well acarter72! i will definitely send you a request! :flowerforyou: