Weight loss belts... and go...

Options
jessica0rae
jessica0rae Posts: 22 Member
Yeah? neigh?... Has anyone used a weight-loss belt to help the process along? I just bought mine because thought it would be a really helpful addition to my regimen. And so far its not really cumbersome or irritating.

I would love to hear your stories and suggestions!

Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    What is your regime?
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I find that belts cut into my belly too much and it makes my muffin top HUGE! ;)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    send it back under the 30 day money back guarantee that most states/provinces have (ie you can return anything within 30 days of purchase for whatever reason)
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Weight....loss....belt? That is a new one for me, what is it and what does it supposedly do exactly?
  • jessica0rae
    Options
    Weight....loss....belt? That is a new one for me, what is it and what does it supposedly do exactly?

Its a "waist-trimmer" belt. I think they are basically just to create more heat around the midsection so that it sweats more, and you "lose more" there. I have only started trying out today. But it certainly produced a fair amount of sweat from what I've seen in one day.

This one is the "Belly Burner Belt" only 9.99 at CVS so I figured it was worth the shot.
  • jessica0rae
    Options
    send it back under the 30 day money back guarantee that most states/provinces have (ie you can return anything within 30 days of purchase for whatever reason)

Mine was on clearance on the "as seen on tv" rack at CVS so I'm not sure I'll be able to return it. But I figure there's no harm in trying it our for 9.99... lol
  • jessica0rae
    Options
    What is your regime?

Good question!! LoL Right now it is just A LOT of walking. I walk around five miles a day. (that's a lot for me... I used to walk eight, but I got out of that when my job became closer to my home) I have a difficult time finding a work-out routine that I stick with.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    no. not even once.

you don't need a work out routine to lose weight, just a calorie deficit.

return the gimmick, buy a food scale. measure/weight/log everything you eat for 6 weeks. If you haven't lost any weight, but haven't gained any, congrats.. you found your maintenance calories.

if you have lost, that's awesome too. just work out the math, see how much, and adjust.

if you have gained, well, reduce your intake just a little bit and start the 6 week cycle over.

it's just trial/error, and patience.

....not gimmicky belts.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

Its a "waist-trimmer" belt. I think they are basically just to create more heat around the midsection so that it sweats more, and you "lose more" there. I have only started trying out today. But it certainly produced a fair amount of sweat from what I've seen in one day.

This one is the "Belly Burner Belt" only 9.99 at CVS so I figured it was worth the shot.

Yeah thats bullsh*t sorry.

People equate sweating with losing weight because people who engage in heavy aerobic activity burn calories. Simply being hot does not achieve the same effect. It isn't the act of sweating that burns fat its the cardiovascular activity which has the side-effect of sweating.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    They're great if you enjoy throwing your money away.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    If you're trying to lose water weight, be advised that it comes back the next time you drink anything or eat any food that contains water. It's like taking off your shoes as a weight loss technique.

If your goal is to lose fat, you need to have a caloric deficit and your body will then decide (regardless of anything you do) where the fat comes from.
  • jennifries227
    jennifries227 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Sweating more is just going to make you dehydrated, unless you drink more, which means you won't lose any water weight. Those weight loss belts are a load of crap, but you should still be able to return it, clearance or not. Your money would be better spent towards a food scale, or even a set of wrist or ankle weights to wear while you walk.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I thought this was about fanny packs or something. My aunt was always on a diet when we were kids, although she only ever got bigger over time. She had this fanny pack with all sorts of diet bars and snacks jam-packed inside. She wore it whenever we went out somewhere. It seems like she was always snacking on something...She had a shake for breakfast, a shake for lunch, and a sensible dinner. Oh, and in between all that she ate a crap ton of snacks. That "snack pack" is what I imagined when I saw the thread title. Ah, childhood memories...:ohwell:
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    I thought this was about fanny packs or something. My aunt was always on a diet when we were kids, although she only ever got bigger over time. She had this fanny pack with all sorts of diet bars and snacks jam-packed inside. She wore it whenever we went out somewhere. It seems like she was always snacking on something...She had a shake for breakfast, a shake for lunch, and a sensible dinner. Oh, and in between all that she ate a crap ton of snacks. That "snack pack" is what I imagined when I saw the thread title. Ah, childhood memories...:ohwell:

lol, I bet it was full of
    6a00d83452b0d869e201538f5824f9970b-350wi
  • Agatefairy
    Agatefairy Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    You can use them to sweat out toxins, but using them in excess is dangerous. Most of them also contain PVC, which has been shown contain chemicals that can cause birth defects, cancer, endocrine disorders and other problems, which would have a direct pathway into your skin through the belt or a sauna suit. Getting your heart rate up, reaching your MHR etc is more important than sweating. I'm afraid it's an if it sounds to good to be true situation.
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    What is your regime?

I am the queen of the world!
  • Agatefairy
    Agatefairy Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    What is your regime?

That was awesome
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    What is your regime?

That was awesome
    thenkyewhthenkyewvurrymuch
  • felonebeats
    felonebeats Posts: 433
    Options
    You can't single out spots to lose weight from,fat comes off all over.You fell for one of those silly gimmicks
  • spiritdimund89
    spiritdimund89 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was searching for belly burner belts and read across this post and all its comments. Your's is very helpful, so thank you. I have the Belly Burner Weight Loss Belt. I used it my 4th week of working out/walking and such and noticed I lost twice as much weight then I did the previous 3 weeks. kept my diet and workouts the same too. I love it. So I guess I must be doing something right!