Snacks for during the day

Options
I work part time and go to school two days a week. My problem is.....I am in class for 8 hours and some times I want to snack but since I don't want to eat anything bad I drink lots of water, but some days the water doesn't help. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Replies

• JulianB1980
    JulianB1980 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I struggled with a similar dilemma. I was working full-time, going to school, and pulling reserve shifts as a firefighter. Always being on the run was affecting, both, breakfast and snacking. My wife was drinking some shakes to help her lose weight and suggested I try one to see if that would help me drop some of those bad habits. Surprisingly the shake kept me full, gave me a boost of energy and, most surprisingly, actually tasted really good. I’d suggest taking a similar path and looking for a healthy alternative. Feel free to let me know if you are looking for ideas on things to try. :smile:
  • CrazyCarbContessa
    CrazyCarbContessa Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Anything that has lots of protein such as string cheese or nuts are great snacks because the protein keeps you full longer because it takes longer to digest than carby snacks. Bonus: Protein doesn't affect blood sugar levels either so you won't get that high and then crash ( which is important when you need to stay alert and focused in class.) Hope that helps....good luck!