Zumba

Options
So today I got the Zumba fitness game for the wii....how do i determine how many cals I am burning??? how do you log your zumba cals?

Replies

• chewy8874042
    chewy8874042 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I log mine under aerobics, modern dance, twist, ballet. (I think that is what it says.) I don't know about Wii Zumba though.
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    would that count enough cals though? because I have read that with zumba you burn a minimum of 400cals an hour
  • LadyCav04
    LadyCav04 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The best way to calculate your calorie burn with Zumba or any cardio exercise is with a personal heart rate or calorie monitor. You can get them at Wal Mart or any store like that really for under $100, and it's an investment that will pay off big time! I've found that if you go off of the calories calculated on this site, it's often inaccurate because different age/gender/weight/fitness factors contribute to your burn, so it's best to get a more personalized reading with each workout. I didn't want to buy one at first, but I'm so glad I did, I use it all the time! Hope this helps!
  • BK120
    BK120 Posts: 107
    Options
    Isn't this a cool way to exercise. I got it for my birthday the other day and just enough having fun even though I am a beginner. I have a HRM which I am going to use for this. I have been just playing with it so far just learning the moves so next week I plan on really cranking it up a notch.
  • redwingluvr
    redwingluvr Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Doing Zumba actually depends how hard you work it. I bought me a heart rate monitor so I could determine my calories burned. During my 60 minute class I go between 550 & 670. I just got the Wii Zumba for Christmas and only tried it out for 15 minutes. Went on vacation and just got back. Going to try it this weekend with my HRM on to see how I do. But before I got my HRM, I was guessing about 500 calories burned. Good luck. Zumba is a blast and I love it!
  • Andi_Mo
    Andi_Mo Posts: 243
    Options
    The best way to calculate your calorie burn with Zumba or any cardio exercise is with a personal heart rate or calorie monitor. You can get them at Wal Mart or any store like that really for under $100, and it's an investment that will pay off big time! I've found that if you go off of the calories calculated on this site, it's often inaccurate because different age/gender/weight/fitness factors contribute to your burn, so it's best to get a more personalized reading with each workout. I didn't want to buy one at first, but I'm so glad I did, I use it all the time! Hope this helps!

This would have been my exact reply. HRM are a priceless addition to your fitness program. Motivating, gives you hard copy proof of your hardwork and pushes you! Good luck!