Good recipes for snacks

Options
I would like to know some good diabetic recipes for snacks that are low in carbs but great to eat.

Replies

• laneyh42
    laneyh42 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter on a banana. Or whole, raw almonds. Or 0% fatGreek yogurt (high protein), with stevia and shelled, unsalted pistachios. Or the same yogurt but with stevia, cinnamon and sliced almonds Yummy
  • sweetcheeks27
    sweetcheeks27 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Popcorn :) If you get used to just air popped it is very low in calories. I know it's not diabetic but If I am craving chocolate like crazy I will melt some in the microwave and drizzle it over the popcorn for a sweet and lower in calorie treat :)
  • cheppy
    cheppy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I think frut is the best way to go for snacks, I like apple slices with peanut butter. The peanut butter will fill you up because of the protein and the apple will provide much needed nutrition and fibre.
  • marniehodges
    Options
    Here's a really good one!

Pineapple Angel Food Cupcakes

1 box Duncan Hines Angel Food cake (add water only kind)
    1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple in its own juice.

Mix dry cake mix and pineapple together (no water). Batter will seem “foamy” at first. Refrigerate for about 20 minutes and batter will settle. Fill cupcakes 2/3 full. Place batter in fridge between batches and it bakes better. Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 min or golden brown.

Delish and only 69 calories each, fat free! I put the nutritional content in the food data base under "generic pineapple angel food cupcakes". Enjoy!

Nutrition Facts
    Generic - Pineapple Angel Food CupcakesServings: 1 cupcake
    Calories 69
    Sodium 133 mg
    Total Fat 0 g
    Potassium 39 mg
    Total Carbs 17 g
    Dietary Fiber 0 g
    Sugars 12 g
    Protein 1 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg
    Vitamin A 0% Calcium 0%
    Vitamin C 0% Iron 0%
  • LaVerne2008
    Options
    tis cupcake recipe sounds delicious! thanks for sharing!!
  • okinawa858
    Options
    Thank you for the recipes I will try them out and see how they turn out.