How do you satisfy your sweet tooth?

Options
13»

Replies

• MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Take a look at my diary. I also have a huge sweet tooth and the way I control it is by working in what I want. It keeps me from bingeing, I can still enjoy what I want and I still loose weight.
  • scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    ALCOHOL! A nice stiff drink has plenty of sugar in it to satisfy my sweets cravings... unfortunately, I do not think that this is the answer anyone is looking for. Also, this is an area I have been working on being better about. :blushing:
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I know it doesn't work for everyone, but I basically just do portion control for candy same as everything else.

Granted a portion of candy tends to be pretty small, but if I stick to the serving sizes I can generally allow myself the luxury most days.

Turns out I can have 12 Cadbury's Mini Eggs (not creme eggs) for around 200 calories. It's worth it!

I have been loving those for over 20 years.
  • holzeeg123
    holzeeg123 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I find that if I don't eat sweet things in ages, it sort of goes away. But then I might have one small sweet thing if I'm eating at someone's house, then I crave it for ages.

I actually find dried fruit and nuts to really stop the cravings though
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I wish dried fruit wasn't so expensive.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Oh I find ways...
  • pr1nc3ss_xo
    pr1nc3ss_xo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Lindt 85% dark
    a tablespoon of 50% dark chipits on top of oatmeal... melty mmm
    dried pineapple
    and my all time fave snack is to take a cup of raspberries & a tbsp of chipits
    stuff the chipits inside the raspberries
    and enjoy!
  • misdreagus
    misdreagus Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    dark chocolate, goji berries or a soy yoghurt
  • wakeupsleepyface
    wakeupsleepyface Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I had to go on an elimination diet with my daughter shortly after she turned a year old so we could narrow down her food sensitivities. For about 3 months we were gluten-free. She is allergic to dairy and eggs so those were out of our diet too! As you can imagine this narrowed down our options by a lot, and when it came to sweets we had to get really creative, especially if we didn't want to spend a fortune. On our journey I found that flourless baking is the way to go! I found a recipe for these Flourless Gluten/Egg/Dairy Free Blondies and they were amazing! Also so much healthier than anything store bought or made like a typical baked good. Here's the link! She has a lot of other tasty recipes too :)

http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2013/04/flourless-chocolate-chip-chickpea-blondies-with-sea-salt-vegan-gluten-free-healthy/

And not to mention frozen banana based "milkshakes" like these:

http://detoxinista.com/2012/05/chocolate-peanut-butter-banana-milkshake/
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I have a major sweet tooth and love to bake, I make sure to work in something sweet every day. This week has been Easter candy, ice cream, homemade mini cheesecakes and almond joy cupcakes. A little bit each day and keeps me happy and still losing weight.

Plan for this afternoon is making raspberry chocolate cheesecake :) Can't wait