BREAD PEOPLE TO ME!!!!!

Options
PRguez
PRguez Posts: 61 Member
Hello friends,

I have a battle with bread! I just can't reduce the qty much more. I come from a culture where you eat a lot of bread. So now in UK I reduced the qty of bread due to be very different (sold sliced bread batches as opposed to fresh baked baguettes) but I still help myself to one serving per meal. It could be worse agreed :) but I feel I would like to reduce bread intake a bit more, it just seems that i need bread to go with everything I pretty much eat.

Ideas? tips? suggestions? tricks? I would love to hear from you bread lovers what do you do.

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to reduce bread? If it fits in within your calorie goals there is no real problem. I don't eat as much bread as I used to just because the amounts of food I eat are far lower but I still have bread. I do how ever limit the amount of home made bread I make. I have also started eating things like Rye bread and other breads.

bread in itself isn't a bad food (not that any food is really bad or good) but if possible you're better off going for seeded and wholegrain breads as they offer far more nutritionally than white breads
  • verhunzt
    verhunzt Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Bread is one of the biggest triggers for most people here lol. Allow yourself a little every day, and if you feel like you will go overboard - Just keep in mind how many fricking calories it had. One slice of bread equals a whole yummy salad!! And what is one slice? It doesn't fill you up at all.
    Try to avoid bread so you're not triggered by it so much. Out of sight out of mind. :)
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Your calorie goal is pretty low and you still manage to fit it in, I don't see a problem with it and you are making healthy choices with the types of bread you eat. 100 cals per slice for a multigrain type bread is pretty good in my books. If it's not hindering your weightloss, don't worry about it. You only have 2 kg to lose so if you are stalling maybe it's because of your low cal goal? Sometimes you need to eat more to trigger your loss. If you are losing at a healthy steady rate, then nothing needs to change.
  • PRguez
    PRguez Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    sometimes i feel that those 120 cal average of 1 damn slice of bread could be a yummy snack instead :)

i think i am concerned about it because i am struggling with my belly :o it looks swallowed all the time so i thought bread might have something to do? (an other whole grains perhaps)

don't know but i feel like a fish :ohwell:
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I love bread... But try to have it in moderation!

I cut it out of my diet once for a very long time..........Then one day....... Needless to say what happened! Never again!

Add the peanut butter with it..........URGHHH!

Its all about portion control/moderation/healthy balance

A bit like chocolate, Have your chocolate, Not the whole fridge full : )
  • peacelars
    Options
    Hello friends,

I have a battle with bread! I just can't reduce the qty much more. I come from a culture where you eat a lot of bread. So now in UK I reduced the qty of bread due to be very different (sold sliced bread batches as opposed to fresh baked baguettes) but I still help myself to one serving per meal. It could be worse agreed :) but I feel I would like to reduce bread intake a bit more, it just seems that i need bread to go with everything I pretty much eat.

Ideas? tips? suggestions? tricks? I would love to hear from you bread lovers what do you do.

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

I feel the same way. We should start a help group: Breadaholics Anonymous - lol I'd join. 'Tips': Distance yourself from it, replace it with a healthier alternative, drink water (most bread is high in sodium/salt, so, maybe you are craving water... I know this was true for me).

Also, it's not the worst thing in the world... Eat it sometimes...

Happy Friday! :)
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    The tip would be... eat less bread. But then you know that. 'I cant cut down on bread' is just a denial actually having no willpower.
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm, bread!
    I stick to wholemeal and seeded types (sliced loafs and rolls as opposed to baguettes and such). I've not really thought about cutting down but I like to try to stick to a max. of 4 slices a day. If you want to replace it, if you're using bread as a side dish (e.g. for soup etc), try replacing it with cracker or crisp bread or crackers.

However, on the whole, as long as you're staying within your calorie and macro goals, I don't see why you should be cutting down. Enjoy your bread...just enjoy it in moderation:smile:
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    No need to cut bread out completely unless you have a medical condition that would otherwise require this.... I eat bread (in some form) a couple times daily and have managed to lose weight. It is all about hitting your caloric intake and macros for each day... Best of Luck
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    sometimes i feel that those 120 cal average of 1 damn slice of bread could be a yummy snack instead :)

i think i am concerned about it because i am struggling with my belly :o it looks swallowed all the time so i thought bread might have something to do? (an other whole grains perhaps)

don't know but i feel like a fish :ohwell:

not sure, i feel that way when I eat white bread or pasta, it sits in my stomach like a lump but never have issues when I eat whole wheat or multi grain, but everyone is different, maybe don't eat as much on your non or low exercise days? I noticed you have some exercise almost daily.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I love bread... But try to have it in moderation!

I cut it out of my diet once for a very long time..........Then one day....... Needless to say what happened! Never again!

Add the peanut butter with it..........URGHHH!

Its all about portion control/moderation/healthy balance

A bit like chocolate, Have your chocolate, Not the whole fridge full : )

Yep!
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Just eat it. There's nothing wrong with it. Make it fit into your calorie goals.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I make my own chick pea crepes to make wraps. I also started baking gluten free bread in my bread machine- no calorie or carb difference really but I can control my consumption of it and it does have more protein. For some of us replacing trigger foods with an option we can control is key. Wheat, rice and potato are trigger foods for me. If I don't eat them I become a normal person who does not think about food until hungry. A few tbsp of wheat, rice or potato flour in a recipe is no problem but if the dish is mostly a trigger food it will lead to cravings for it. High glycemic carbs illicit my unreasonable cravings and I never felt that great after eating them. Since I switched to other carb sources I have expanded my diet and I have more energy postprandial. There are so many other grains and flours available and the bean possibilities are endless. My new starches are not lower in calories but often they are higher in fiber and protein. Wheat, rice and potato are healthy foods, they just don't work for me.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

Throw some butter on it and it IS a yummy snack.