My story...

Options
As far as what I did...NOTHING drastic. The main pusher for me was that I was FED up. Fed up with what I was doing...Fed up with accepting anything less than what I was capable of being! I was on the verge of applying to law school when it hit me...that this was NOT where I wanted to be! So......I took action. No HUGE diet fad...NO quick fixes...It has taken months but during that time I began to EXPLORE my relationship with food and exercise. I didn't THROW out everything in the house and say "Let's do this Organic"...or try to exchange ALL my bads for goods....I transitioned. They say it takes 3 weeks to form a habit...well that's about the amount of time I would dedicate to getting rid of one. For instance...soda...I would SLOWLY replace it with water. Instead of 6 days a week..I went down to 4...then 3...then I just didn't "crave it" anymore. All of a sudden…it was like I was only drinking them once a month maybe every two. Same thing with other things….I transitioned from bad while replacing with good. I knew my weaknesses in the past. That all or nothing approach never worked for me…I needed a way to make this long term and focusing on small goals.. did it for me. And for once in my life…IT has not been a YO YO effect…the scale doesn’t matter to me. Clothes don’t fit like they used to and that to me…is an indication of what’s to come! I’m happier, healthier…and in the words of Ciely “Thank God I’m here!!!!”

Exercise...on the other hand...I turned to P90x. An amazing program that most look at the infomercial and go "What the heck?!?!" Well I went "Why the hell NOT" after seeing results from a cousin. It worked...I went from a size 22 to a size 14/16 within 90 days and I didn't NEED a gym membership or trainer to do it. To date...I am 53lbs lighter and helping others in this fight.

Always
Latashia
tashia.jpg

Replies

• claire0928
    claire0928 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success! You look great!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    wow, amazing difference!! Good for you!! Keep it up.
  • jenn50
    jenn50 Posts: 81
    Options
    looks like you are doing great. things ppl have a hard time realizing is that losing weight takes patience. you did it and you look great!
  • mrsworkinitout
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I will never say it was the easiest thing I've done...but I will say that as time goes by..it gets easier!
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    WTG!!! Add me as a friend!!!
  • mrsworkinitout
    Options
    WTG!!! Add me as a friend!!!
    done!
  • goaliema
    goaliema Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    great job and thanks for sharing your story with us!
    we will be here to listen and view your next success!!!

goaliema
  • cddavis04
    Options
    You look great. I feel inspired.

P.S. I like your natural.
  • mrsworkinitout
    Options
    You look great. I feel inspired.

P.S. I like your natural.

Thanks hun!!
  • ubergoober37
    Options
    I just started, and reading your story just made SOOO excited! :D
  • mrsworkinitout
    Options
    I just started, and reading your story just made SOOO excited! :D

GOOD LUCK!! If you need anything lemme know! Friend me at facebook as well. www.facebook.com/mrsworkinitout
  • Buttsmom
    Buttsmom Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Congratulations you are doing great and look great as well!!!
  • sweetcheeks27
    sweetcheeks27 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great! I'm so happy to hear your story! Congrats on everything you have done so far!
  • ubergoober37
    Options
    done :)
  • wannbAhottie
    wannbAhottie Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You are fabulous, and you look fabulous. Thank you for sharing your story. Congradulations on your awesome success!
  • booboomagoo
    booboomagoo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You look great! I love that with the weight loss, you changed your whole look. In the after, you have earrings and a necklace, and you're wearing your hair curly. Isn't it amazing how taking care of your health and fitness makes its way into other parts of your life?
  • mrsworkinitout
    Options
    You look great! I love that with the weight loss, you changed your whole look. In the after, you have earrings and a necklace, and you're wearing your hair curly. Isn't it amazing how taking care of your health and fitness makes its way into other parts of your life?
    I agree!! I feel and see a totally different me!
  • twoods816
    Options
    You look really great and it is very inspiring to see that as hard as making a lifestyle change is you have stuck with it and had success. I will continue to check in on your progress and use it as motivation. Thanks for posting your story, it really does help.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!