new to mfp and got a loooong way to go

Options
dz2305
dz2305 Posts: 1 Member
Hi, im steph from west midlands. Have been doing ww for years and initially lost 58lb but 3 kids later its all back on :(
I seem to have lost my mojo with ww so thought its time for a change. I want to initially lose 30lb but need to lose about 70lb in total :( !!
Would be great to make any friends and a support group :)
I use the app mostly.

Replies

• abrockhausen
    abrockhausen Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am new too. Like you I did WW and had success but I always failed at maintaining. My Mom lost 150 lbs with them and worked for WW for years, I know it works but maybe not for me. Now I am looking to try something else. Sending a friend request your way. Let's help each other kick some butt!
  • Veggie_Ankers
    Options
    Hi, I used MFP years ago and lost 56lbs but as it does it creeped back on over the last few years so back for a fresh start. I log daily and I'm always around if you need any help. I'm always happy to have new friends on here. So feel free to add me :smile:
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    If you've lost before and then gained it back, you've got to see this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i_cmltmQ6A

I think there are three factors to help beat this yo-yo thing: to stay accountable with a support system like MFP, be careful not to go lower than maintenance/goal weight, and don't go too low on your daily/weekly calorie goals.

Good luck to all of us. :)