Losing weight after age 30....

Options
2»

Replies

• Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I'm 37 and the only difference from losing weight now and in my 20's is I'm doing it in a healthier way, eating and exercising more. Back then, I ate way less when losing weight and didn't have healthy habits so that would be the reason it came off so fast.
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    To answer your question that would be a no. I started my lifestyle change when I was 35! It came right off. I feel and look way better than in my 20's :)
  • RobsGirl_lds
    Options
    Age does change your metabolism a but but at 33 it is in no way impossible. I think the challange comes from having more responsibilities that take your energy. Make sure you are a priority and do what needs to be done!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Well now the OP is 37...I wonder if she self destructed.
  • RobsGirl_lds
    Options
    Well now the OP is 37...I wonder if she self destructed.
    Aaanndddd now deactivated. Guess it is impossible. Shrug*
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    I think it is mostly diet, I am over 50 and have lost a lot since January, because of diet, I tried for years through exercise alone and it never worked well enough, you need both. The tools on here are great to help you figure things out.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    The only thing that I've seen is harder for losing weight at a later age (started at 45 here) is recovery time from cardio and lifting weights is longer, making the food part MUCH more important.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Nope, it's not. It's a muscle mass thing. If you havn't been exericsing (as in resistance, a walk in the park won't work), you have lost muscle mass and your metabolism doesnt go as fast because of this. We lose muscle mass as we age yes, but it's not age, it's lack of use. Muscle mass is easily retained and gained at ANY AGE, if you put for the effort. So...lift heavy.
    I just lifted my first barbells last night (I mean ever except maybe fooling around as a teen I think I lifted one of some guys barbells once)...started at 40 lbs. because I was used to 20 lbs. of hand weights before that, but I actually think I will be able to progress fairly quickly. It was suprisingly not hard to lift that although I don't want to push my body too fast, so going slow and watching videos and stuff to learn the right form. This is a whole new chapter for me...and I have to say I like it.