Spicing up my chicken and veggies

Options
I eat a lot of chicken and vegetables (primarily broccoli, asparagus, peppers and onions) and I always just throw seasoning on top. No matter how many seasonings I own, I'm kind of sick of them.

Are there any good sauces that aren't too too bad for me in terms of sodium and calories and fat but are delicious? I'm all about sauces.

Thanks.

Replies

• susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Do you need a specific premade sauce?

I do my chicken with small amounts of cayenne, ground mustard, ginger, garlic powder, salt, pepper, then I spritz it with lemon juice and soy sauce (you could probably use low sodium) and bake it -- it's quite spicy.
  • kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Options
    Do you need a specific premade sauce?

I do my chicken with small amounts of cayenne, ground mustard, ginger, garlic powder, salt, pepper, then I spritz it with lemon juice and soy sauce (you could probably use low sodium) and bake it -- it's quite spicy.

I don't NEED a premade sauce I'm just a subpar cook... and I meal prep for the week and it already takes a while. That sounds good though, and I only need to buy like 3 of the ingredients you listed, so I may try that. :)
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options
    lemon chicken
    teriyaki chicken
    salsa chicken
    ginger chicken
  • GuyIncognito123
    GuyIncognito123 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I made a lot of marinades out of Club House spices. My favorite is currently Pepper Medley - although I use that one mainly with steaks. But they have lots of good Greek/Italian spices you can use. You can mix it with straight water, or throw in some water, vinegar and olive oil.
  • luchenza
    luchenza Posts: 1
    Options
    Great. Thx, I'll try it.
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I was given a spice mix called za'atar that I really like on roast chicken:

oregano, thyme, salt, fennel, sumac, sesame seeds
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I really like the little pouches of stir fry sauce by Blue Dragon. They are by the soya sauce at my store. The sodium isn't awful and they pack a lot of flavor for 45 calories per half a pouch. Beef broccoli is my favorite. It would go well with chicken and veggies too. I also have a grilled vegetable spice by club house that isn't bad.