Discouraged

Options
I just did what I always seem to do - I'm very diligent all day long and then blow it at night. I had sushi tonight and never realized how many calories are in a California roll and tuna. That's all I had for dinner, but it put me 400 calories over my target calories. I seem to keep loosing the same 2-4 pounds over and over, so when I saw I was over my target calorie goal, I felt like I'm going to gain back the two pounds I worked hard to loose ... again.

Enough feeling sorry for myself!

84465.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• LALeslie
    LALeslie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just did what I always seem to do - I'm very diligent all day long and then blow it at night. I had sushi tonight and never realized how many calories are in a California roll and tuna. That's all I had for dinner, but it put me 400 calories over my target calories. I seem to keep loosing the same 2-4 pounds over and over, so when I saw I was over my target calorie goal, I felt like I'm going to gain back the two pounds I worked hard to loose ... again.

Enough feeling sorry for myself!

84465.png
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    I do that ALL the time. Im stuck between 205 and 195lbs. I FINALLY get down to 195 sometimes ever 194lbs then I eat fast food or have a horrible weekend of eating then go bak up to 200lbs. Its very frustrating! We can do this!! come on!! Good luck and know your not alone!! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • naanaamoreno
    Options
    I know!! I didn't know that sushi had so many calories. I ate some last night too and thought it would make me barely a little over my daily goal but it almost double it! I had 6 california rolls and 2 phili rolls. I wasn't even full off that either. Thank God I didn't eat anymore! Today I ate Jack in the Box and it was less than my sushi!! I hear ya. I've been counting my calories for 2 weeks and working out regularly for a month now and I finally lost 4 pounds! Now that I know how hard it was to lose those few pounds I am afraid to go over! Don't be discouraged. Keep your eye on the prize and don't let one bad day get you down!
  • LALeslie
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. On the positive side, it could have been much worse. If I hadn't been coming onto this site and tracking the calories, I can just IMAGINE what I might have done tonight!
  • Jendaya35
    Jendaya35 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Just remember it's one day at a time. I started losing weight about 3 months ago when my doctor slapped me with a shocking 268 pound scale reading. In that time I have lost 41 pounds, and lord knows I have gone well over 400 calories in a day above my allotment! So don't be discouraged just pick yourself up tommorrow, be more aware, and try again. You will reach your goals, it just takes time to break those old habits. Best of luck!!!!:flowerforyou: :smile: :happy:
  • LALeslie
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I think I'm off the discouraged dieter's ledge and ready to pick myself up and start anew tomorrow.

84465.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com [/url]
  • abjones80
    Options
    hang in there....

the fact that you recognize a night time tendency to over eat is empowering.... for me, after keeping a food diary, with times and feelings when i would eat, i realized that my hardest time to get through was always between 3-4 in the afternoon... now i plan two mini meals around this time so that i don't feel deprived... try playing with your meals times, or splitting a meal over a couple hours at night...

also gaining more info on what is healthy and what is not is always empowering.... sushi is healthy, but not a high saity food, and packs a lot of calories for just a little bit, so moderation is the key there....

Rather than beating yourself up, celebrate... you're learning more and more about what not to do, and how to make yourself stronger against bad habits... you're learning!!! that's success!! and soon you won't be falling off the wagon as much, and when you do, it will be a lot easier to identify why and what happened.... making it easier to forgive yourself, regroup, and drive on! Good luck, and don't despair, you ARE making progress!

78781.png
    PS: sometimes when you're at a plateau, forget about the scale! eat well and exercise for a week, without worrying about whether your losing, be happy that your living healthy.... then weigh yourself...99% of the time, you find you've broke the plateau!
  • tlyoung
    tlyoung Posts: 16
    Options
    I really liked reading this thread. I'm just starting but feel so positive about my life style changes so far.
    I also struggle to get below 200 and then stay below it! I am a night time eater too!
    Thanks for the encouragement
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Sushi? :huh: :huh: :huh: Blechhh.

Hang in there-- you're right-- being here helps you stay aware of your intake. Shake it off, and focus again tomorrow.