30 day shred. Level 1 vs level 2

Options
2»

Replies

• AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Wow you are almost done! I'm gonna see what day 7 brings after work today. It's motivating to hear of the results and experiences of others. My worry is that my rest days (plasma days) will make my efforts for nothing. Well not for nothing but only get like half the results. I know I won't be able to do shred on Mondays since I wake up earlier that day for work so I know I won't be able to do it before work. (I usually do it after work) but on my Thursday plasma days I could probably
    Try to do shred before work so if only be missing Mondays an not Mondays and Tuesdays. Has anyone had results with rest days?

I took several rest days, 1-2 per week, and I still had great results. They're in my profile if you wanna check them out. I lost a little over 8 pounds.
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Level 2 is harder for me because of all the plank moves. My upper body strength is not good, but it's definitely much better than when I started. I haven't made it to Level 3 because I'm bouncing around between 30DS, BFBM, and NMTZ. I always do some extra cardio if I'm doing the 30DS. I'll either do 30-40 minutes of elliptical at the gym or go jogging, or sometimes I do Level One and Level Two together.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I don't take breaks either. Usually a quick one to take a layer off lol. I try to then do a few extra moves in between moves. I
    Love jillian. I never really looked into the other videos. Was going to once I hit day 20 on this one. Are they available a most stores or do you have to order then online?

My sister got hers from Walmart...cheap
  • ShreddingIt_84
    Options
    Level 2 is the one that always gives me results!
    I stick to that one mostly.

Off to kick some shred butt! :drinker:
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Once I got used to working out regularly, Level 1 was easiest for me.

Level 2 is a lot of planking moves, and Level 3 is a lot of jumping exercises, so I found both of them to be much more of a workout. Although Jillian Michaels workouts are NEVER easy... lol

I also didn't follow the program exactly as it's intended because I get bored too easily to do the exact same workout every single day. I have quite a few of her DVDs (including Body Revolution), so if I'm in the mood for some circuit training, I tend to switch between workouts and DVDs to keep myself interested.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I don't take breaks either. Usually a quick one to take a layer off lol. I try to then do a few extra moves in between moves. I
    Love jillian. I never really looked into the other videos. Was going to once I hit day 20 on this one. Are they available a most stores or do you have to order then online?

Walmart has a lot of Jillian videos for around $10. I have seen Living Social/Groupon special occassionally for $6. I have seen them on Amazon from from $6 - $10... just depends on the day, I think sometimes!

Ripped in 30 is definitely the next step from 30DS. I personally like the "format" a little better in that it is 4 weeks, working out 5-6 days a week. Week 1 difficulty is somewhere between 30DS Level 1 & 2 - for me anyway. Week 4 kicks my *kitten*... even after doing P90X! 30DS Level 1 is definitely one of my "go-to" workouts for days where "I don't feel like working out and I don't have a plan." It's hard enough but not so hard that I'm tempted to blow it off. :smile:

I have her Kickbox Fastfix, too, which I really like. It's more cardio with some strength moves, but that's what I was looking for to do on non-strength (weight) days.

As for "does it work"... I wish I could find the poster from a while back that had maybe a 3lb change in weight and looked like she had lost 10 or 15lbs easy! I know, for myself, my stamina and overall fitness definitely improved by leaps and bounds, but I didn't take measurements, so...

Good luck!!
  • nicolemontagna22
    nicolemontagna22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I just completed day 7 and feeling better (meaning I can feel the burn again) three more days and its onto the dreaded level 2 that I've heard so much about. Still I am looking forward to the change!
  • hopper602
    hopper602 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Starting level 2 day 1 today. The last two workouts for level 1 really wore me down. I think i was getting deeper into my lunges than normal which is good but causing some soreness in my knees. All good though ready to rock!
  • JulieAnneFIU
    JulieAnneFIU Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    So I am doing the shred. I am on day 6. I do it 5 days a week skipping Thursday and Minday due to donating plasma. (However I did workout Thursday before plasma. So I did days 1-5 straight skipped yesterday due to donating and did day 6 today. The exercises seemed slightly easier as she says in video but I also didn't feel like I worked out as hard after the workout. ( though I did video same as always) is this normal? I have 4 more days before I move onto level 2. How much harder is level 2? Then how hard was it to move from 2-3?

Totally unrelated, I just want to thank you for donating plasma. I have to get it every four weeks to manage my autoimmune disorder and your donation is truly appreciated.