trends

No I am not talking the latest fad diets or exercise trends. I am thinking emotional trends. I am sure if we poled a large number of MFP weight loss participants we would see a trend in emotional states through out the process. The highs and lows would probably be similar.

If you are feeling some lows now where are you in your campaign? or do you remember certain points where you were feeling down in the process?

How did you cope with it.

Feeling a little blue today and just looking for support and ideas to get through it

Replies

• Neeters1969
    Neeters1969 Posts: 53 Member
    Well, in the past I just ate my way through it. Then I realized that that was insane and obviously making things a whole lot worse. A dangerous cycle and a constant battle. I'll admit I am still trying to come to terms with this behaviour and there are still slips.

I am only at the beginning (again) of this journey. I am finding that if I keep a food diary then I am more conscious of the behaviour/feelings and rather then shoving the feelings aside with food, I am channeling it in a different direction.

This past week has been a tough one. I have been trying to stay on track and get exercise as much as possible, and that helps with the mood too.

The other day I went to the store to get a new bathing suit (I am trying to swim 2-3 times a week) Now THAT was depressing. Nothing fit. Everything looked terrible. It made me want to give up. But I didn't I got on my old suit and headed to the pool and when I got home, I realized that I didn't feel as bad. Partly because of the exercise, but mostly because I didn't head for the fridge this time.

Also for me --music helps. I mean REALLY helps me. The louder the better. Music always makes me feel good. So does singing. As long as it isn't depressing Sinead O'Conner, Jewell or Leonard Cohen kind of stuff....