Green Tea?

ElizabethMcCathern
ElizabethMcCathern Posts: 114
edited September 22 in Food and Nutrition
I know Green Tea is healthy and all that, but can someone please explain how it helps with weight loss? I bought some anyway, because i know it's good for you....LOL

:bigsmile:

Replies

• servingthealiens
    servingthealiens Posts: 144 Member
    I've wondered the same about the green tea pills.
  • I've wondered the same about the green tea pills.

LOL
    Those i won't take.
    I could google, but...........eh. hahahaha
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    It's the antioxidant EGCG that is supposed to help with weight loss.
  • nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    "Green Tea (Iced or Hot) - Green tea reduces the absorption of sugar into your blood, and reduces cravings for sweets. Green tea also inhibits the action of amylase, a primary digestive enzyme of carbohydrates. This 'block' helps move foods more quickly through your digestive tract which raises your metabolism and burns more calories. Drink green tea before a meal to aid digestion. Green tea has also been shown to help prevent Cancer and has health benefits for people with Diabetes."

Burn Calories Faster by Eating These Foods
    http://www.lookgreat-loseweight-savemoney.com/burn-calories-faster.html
  • Are pills just as good as the actual tea? I HATE tea but would take the pills.
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Actually, the compound in green tea that has been proven effective for weight loss in other trials, not just from green tea but from other sources, is caffeine. It's one of the few "supplements" that's been proven effective through numerous studies. There are a bunch of other things in green tea, though, that are still being studied to determine their weight loss and other metabolic effects, but so far caffeine is the only one to be shown effective on its own for weight loss.
  • Huh, who knew? LOL

Well, at least when i'm drinking green tea i'm not drinking soda or sugary juices, so that's good. I don't mind the taste either.....so Wooot! LOL
  • It's also the caffeine. Caffeine aids in fat breakdown and raises your overall metabolism... the effect is very slim, however. A far better reason for drinking green tea is the antioxidants (and the taste!)
  • I KNOW GREEN TEA IS HEALTHY AND ALL BUT I HAVE YET TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO MAKE IT SO I CAN STOMACH IT. CAN SOMEONE MAKE SOME SUGGESTION ON GREEN TEAS THEY LIKE I JUST DO NOT LIKE THE FLAVOR OF PLAIN GREEN TEA.

IS BLACK TEA CLOSE TO BEING AS HEALTHY? I LOVE LIPTON TEA WITH JUST ONE STEVIA?
  • dzdame
    dzdame Posts: 89
    I do not like the taste of just green tea, but found one that is blended with white tea...It really cuts down on the bitter taste of the straight green tea..has a much more pleasant taste...
  • You could add a twist of lemon.....that's what i do. :)
This discussion has been closed.