homemade pizza, or...

Options
Would it be healthier to have a homemade pizza (ingredients in food diary) or to have a Dominoes margherita pizza? They both come to pretty much the same amount of calories, so i was wondering whether there's much point missing out on Dominoes if the homemade one is going to be just as bad?

Replies

• chicagonick93
    Options
    It's all about how you make it.
    Sugar free low fat marinara
    Whole grain dough
  • DannehBoyy
    DannehBoyy Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    All of the ingredients that i used are in my food diary, take a look if you have the time :)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    There is not such thing as "healthy food." Only your overall diet and eating habits can be considered healthy or unhealthy.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Whole grain dough

Pls stop
  • abetterbrandi
    Options
    Whole grain dough

you just ruined a perfectly good pizza shame on you!
  • chicagonick93
    Options
    There is not such thing as "healthy food." Only your overall diet and eating habits can be considered healthy or unhealthy.
    it's called junk food for a reason
  • DannehBoyy
    Options
    Im guessing it doesn't matter which one i have then :P
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    How much do you care about pasteurized foods? How much do you want to control everything you eat and digest? If you see food as food, then no, it doesn't matter. If you want to avoid the "bad stuff" then how much do you trust Dominoes to keep it "clean"?

Also, which one costs more? If you don't care, then there is no difference.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    If the macros are the same and they both fit your calorie goal then eat which ever one you prefer. Personally I'd probably go for a Dominos - if I'm having pizza I want the real deal :)
  • DannehBoyy
    Options
    How much do you care about pasteurized foods? How much do you want to control everything you eat and digest? If you see food as food, then no, it doesn't matter. If you want to avoid the "bad stuff" then how much do you trust Dominoes to keep it "clean"?

Also, which one costs more? If you don't care, then there is no difference.

I like to try and eat clean the majority of the time, sometimes i slip up but i figured it would be better than not doing it at all. As for the price, i don't really mind :D
  • jkenwood
    jkenwood Posts: 2
    Options
    I always make my own from scratch (including the dough). There are tons of easy recipes online that take 5-10 mins. By making your own you can control what you put on it and it will cost way less. Think about maybe adding some extra veggies to help fill you so you eat less of the dough and such. I also make a bit of extra pizza sauce for dipping cuz the garlic sauces are so unhealthy. Grab a can of crushed tomatos and heat in a sauce pan and add what YOU like, garlic, herbs & spices, etc
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I LOVE pizza. Having 3 pieces of Price Chopper Bella Roma cheese pizza for dinner. Don't care how healthy it is or isn't. Figured into my daily calories.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Homemade would probably be better as you KNOW what is going into your pizza.
  • DannehBoyy
    Options
    If the macros are the same and they both fit your calorie goal then eat which ever one you prefer. Personally I'd probably go for a Dominos - if I'm having pizza I want the real deal :)

I agree, nothing can beat takeaway pizza :D
  • chicagonick93
    Options
    Im guessing it doesn't matter which one i have then :P
    If you want a healthy pizza make it.
    If you don't care if it's healthy or not go buy one.
  • DannehBoyy
    Options
    Homemade would probably be better as you KNOW what is going into your pizza.

I agree with that. You never know fully whats gone into it
  • DannehBoyy
    Options
    I always make my own from scratch (including the dough). There are tons of easy recipes online that take 5-10 mins. By making your own you can control what you put on it and it will cost way less. Think about maybe adding some extra veggies to help fill you so you eat less of the dough and such. I also make a bit of extra pizza sauce for dipping cuz the garlic sauces are so unhealthy. Grab a can of crushed tomatos and heat in a sauce pan and add what YOU like, garlic, herbs & spices, etc

Thanks for the help :)
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    If my options are only homemade or dominos... I would make my own, but that's only because mine is much better than Dominos, now if we are talking pizza from my local pizza place that's a different story

29py9sj.jpg
  • andresconejo
    Options
    I make my own pizza since i found a super healthy recipe that makes a 12" inch pizza with a very crunchy crust without any grease... a margherita could be around 500-650 cals if i make it with my recipe (using moderate amounts low fat fresh mozzarella)
    While any other pizza of that size from any other chainr estaurant could have more than 1000 calories, lots of fats and sodium etc...
  • DannehBoyy
    Options
    I went homemade ;)