Boost Metabolism

Options
What are some low calorie food/drink options that can help boost my metabolism?
I am also wondering if there are any certain exercises or machines at the gym to increase metabolism. I think cardio is a good option and I do enjoy running. Just wondering what else is out there to help out!! THANKS!

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    there are no foods or exercise that will boost metabolism...

You can get an increased calorie burn from cardio and high intensity training but that will only be for the day that you do that activity and they will not impact your overall all metabolism..

footnote - adding muscle is supposed to help with increased calorie burn, but I believe this has been shown to be minimal...
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options

You can get an increased calorie burn from cardio and high intensity training but that will only be for the day that you do that activity and they will not impact your overall all metabolism..

footnote - adding muscle is supposed to help with increased calorie burn, but I believe this has been shown to be minimal...

^This.
  • ShervinM
    ShervinM Posts: 10
    Options
    Ways to boost your met.

1 - workout your correct caloric intake depending on your fitness goal and divide it in 5-6 small portion meals.
    2 - Dink lots of water.
    3 - You need 7-8 ours of good sleep. ( don't drink alcohol).
    4 - If your looking to loose weight or become leaner then divide your macro nutrient into 50/30/20. 50 (protein), 30 (fat) and 20 ( carb).
    5 - if you have time to exercise about 3 times a weak. Attend cycle, core circuit classes.

Good luck :)
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

^This.

this bears repeating. OP, take note.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options

^This.

And just to make sure you get the correct information: This.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Ways to boost your met.

1 - workout your correct caloric intake depending on your fitness goal and divide it in 5-6 small portion meals.
    2 - Dink lots of water.
    4 - If your looking to loose weight or become leaner then divide your macro nutrient into 50/30/20. 50 (protein), 30 (fat) and 20 ( carb).
    5 - if you have time to exercise about 3 times a weak. Attend cycle, core circuit classes.

Still no on the 5-6 meals a day. It's unnecessary and counter-productive for some people.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

Quoting again. This is the advice you need to listen to.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

^This.

And again.

6 small meals a day does not boost metabolism. For *some* it helps control hunger which can help avoid snacking/binging/poor food choices. For others it does not. Space your meals how they works for you. If one or two large meals work, great, 6 or 8 meal, great. Overall calorie intake rules, not how you split it up.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Ways to boost your met.

2 - Dink lots of water.

Still no on the 5-6 meals a day. It's unnecessary and counter-productive for some people.

Yep. also the macros differ with people and for exercise I suggest a combo of both strength/resistance training and cardio.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

^This.

And again.

6 small meals a day does not boost metabolism. For *some* it helps control hunger which can help avoid snacking/binging/poor food choices. For others it does not. Space your meals how they works for you. If one or two large meals work, great, 6 or 8 meal, great. Overall calorie intake rules, not how you split it up.

QFT all the above