Exercise Advise

Options
Hi everyone, I'm pretty new here (just started last Monday). I am currently 133lbs and (for now) my goal is 120lbs since I'm trying to be realistic. I'm not a super hyper person and majority of my daily exercise is just walking at a brisk phase and zumba for 40mins - 1 hour.

Do you guys have any advise about some cardio exercises I can do at home? Or at least something that won't cost much? I am yet to work and currently have to budget.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• ShervinM
    ShervinM Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi.

The best thing for you to do is to first educate yourself in this field. If you are looking to become learner, which in this case you are, its best for you to consider the following. It is not always about your fitness, more importantly how much you are willing to change in your lifestyle and eating habits is crucial.

1 - Workout your correct caloric intake depending on your fitness goal and divide it in 5-6 small portion meals.
    2 - Dink lots of water, at least 2/3 letters of water per day.
    3 - You need 7-8 hours of good amount of sleep. ( don't drink alcohol) and create a sleeping pattern
    4 - If your looking to loose weight or become leaner then divide your macro nutrient into 50/30/20. 50 (protein), 30 (fat) and 20 ( carb).
    5 - Do atleast 1 hour of cardio per week. For fat loss I find that doing HIT exercises helps a lot. This is when you do interval training such as sprint, jog, sprint, jog, sprint jog for over 10 to 12 sets. You should sprint about 1 min and jog about 1 min and then repeat this.

Good luck.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Hi.

The best thing for you to do is to first educate yourself in this field. If you are looking to become learner, which in this case you are, its best for you to consider the following. It is not always about your fitness, more importantly how much you are willing to change in your lifestyle and eating habits is crucial.

1 - Workout your correct caloric intake depending on your fitness goal and divide it in 5-6 small portion meals.
    2 - Dink lots of water, at least 2/3 letters of water per day.
    3 - You need 7-8 hours of good amount of sleep. ( don't drink alcohol) and create a sleeping pattern
    4 - If your looking to loose weight or become leaner then divide your macro nutrient into 50/30/20. 50 (protein), 30 (fat) and 20 ( carb).
    5 - Do atleast 1 hour of cardio per week. For fat loss I find that doing HIT exercises helps a lot. This is when you do interval training such as sprint, jog, sprint, jog, sprint jog for over 10 to 12 sets. You should sprint about 1 min and jog about 1 min and then repeat this.

Good luck.

This advice is still unnecessary. Some people do well on 5-6 meals a day to help decrease their hunger and increase their energy/mood levels. Others have the opposite reaction. It's okay to eat as often or as seldom as you want as long as you don't have any negative effects from your schedule and you are hitting your nutritional goals.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    www.fitnessblender.com/