diet hacks

Options
So I've been working toward eating cleaner and healthier for what seems like a thousand years so I wanted to share some of my favorite (and easy!) things to do to make healthy food even tastier AND crowdsource some more ideas to try.

I totally love:

1. Adding anchovy fillets to basically anything to up the umami (try chopped anchovies + balsamic vinegar for a really awesome fake caesar dressing)
2. Zoodles! Julienne zucchini and squash to make vegetable noodles
3. Cauliflower rice - Process chopped cauliflower in a food processor until it looks like cous cous
4. Spaghetti squash (of course)
5. Roasting every vegetable because it makes pretty much everything taste 100% better
6. Snow peas make a great (and naturally sweet) snack
7. Adding lemon juice to apples, pears, and other fruit
8. Flavored mustards!! I make chicken and tuna salad with a little bit of light mayo and lots of mustard (basil & provencal mustard are my favs)

Any other ideas for easy tricks that make healthy food delicious?

Replies

• sunshinekind919
    sunshinekind919 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've been using a mashed avocado in tuna salad instead of mayonnaise. It's tasty and better for you!
  • ReedWA
    ReedWA Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've been using a mashed avocado in tuna salad instead of mayonnaise. It's tasty and better for you!

That sounds amazing! I'm going to try that one today!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options

I like doing this, too. It's so tasty.