Zumba

Options
Does doing at home Zumba help (with my ps3)? For 45 minutes a day? (Trying to lose weight)

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I do the in-person classes, but have been considering getting it for use at home as well. As long as you're giving 100%, any sort of movement will help you! I'd recommend getting a HRM. I personally like the in-person classes because I'm pushed harder to keep up with my instructor and the rest of the class. You'll wanna make sure that you're doing the same when doing it at home, and keeping that heart rate up.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I've been losing weight steadily doing Zumba at home. The only difference is that I use videos from YouTube instead of ps3, but I doubt that matters.
  • skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Hey if it gets you moving, why not?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Anything that gets you up and moving helps. I've not done at home, but I've done the classes, and they get you sweating!
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Yes as long as you're up and moving that's cool. It doesn't matter how you do it, as long as you are doing it :)
    I do the in person group classes because I find it more motivational that way. Either way, make sure you are giving it 100%.
    Zumba is how I lost the majority of my weight!
    And dancing is so much fun :)
  • bethira
    bethira Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Do it! A good Zumba class can burn 600-700 calories or more and it's just fun. There's a reason we call it the workout that feels like a party. You might want to think about a class, though. A good instructor can get you moving, keep you moving and make it even more fun. Most classes have walk-in fees if you don't already belong to a gym. About half the weight I've lost can be directly attributed to Zumba. It really does work!
  • Jaceface27
    Jaceface27 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I zumba 3-4 days a week at home in my basement on the Xbobx Kinect. I love it!

But I also highly recommend lifting 3 days a week too-- the mix of lifting and cardio is what has helped me lose 15 pound so far.

Coincidentally-- I need to get off MFP and go downstairs to Zumba! :-)

... another thought-- I just bought Zumba Core and I love it! It's by far the most difficult and heart pumping game they've put out so far! And fun! :-)