Tall girls dating shorter guys

Options
13»

Replies

• brinabj
    brinabj Posts: 28
    Options
    Being a 6' tall female i feel like guys don't like tall girls i feel like they like short girls that act intimidated by tall girls .. i feel like real short girls like tall guys and in reality if your that short most guys are taller than you anyway so why should he have to be 6' ft or above. My husband is 1in (5'11) shorter than me but i love him either way when i first met him he was 5'3 and i loved him and i was 5'9 lol but i dont think height matters if you love that person but every ones different.
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I have. My children's father is 5'8 and I am 5'10. When we broke up, he made sure to let me know I wasn't pretty enough (we had just had our 2nd baby and I was working on losing the baby weight. I mentioned that he did realize the baby weight was temporary. He made sure to let me know, no matter how thin I got I would still be "big"...

it kinda turned me off to short guys. I think they see it as all fun and games, then it wears on them after awhile.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 1/2" I prefer taller - at least 5'9" then, of course, all the "other stuff".
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I have. My children's father is 5'8 and I am 5'10. When we broke up, he made sure to let me know I wasn't pretty enough (we had just had our 2nd baby and I was working on losing the baby weight. I mentioned that he did realize the baby weight was temporary. He made sure to let me know, no matter how thin I got I would still be "big"...

it kinda turned me off to short guys. I think they see it as all fun and games, then it wears on them after awhile.

I'll always be big too. Why is this bad? I think the notion that women have to be "small" is just asinine. Some of use will never be small and have never been small (I was 5'6" at 12 years old). There is nothing wrong with this. It's just who we are.

Sounds like your ex was a ****, not all short guys. Just as it's wrong for people to think big women are "weird", it'd be wrong to thing that smaller men are "weird".
  • Bobtheangrytomato
    Bobtheangrytomato Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Two of my exes didn't like me wearing heels, and were somewhat insecure about being shorter. My boyfriend likes when I wear heels but I feel a little weird being 6 inches taller in public lol.
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I'm new here but was just curious if taller women liked to date shorter guys, or wear heels around them. I know a couple of my exes preferred taller guys and some tall women seem to go that way too but was curious if anyone didn't mind or liked it.

This is a topic that will never come to a general concensus.
    Some women like shorter men, some women like 'em tall. And others like me have parameters.

Personally, I just need "taller than me" and its really more about the perception of taller. I would date a guy a tiny bit shorter, but he would have to be pretty bulky/muscled. I am not a delicate 5'8" tall woman. If the guy is small framed and my height- I will dwarf him. I have a large frame, even without a few extra lbs to drop. I rarely wear heels but if I was with a guy under 5'10" its likely that I would wear them even less than I do now so its not so obvious that I am too tall. I want to feel feminine and beautiful next the person I am with, not like a beached whale. Any guy who can make me feel that way stands a chance- they might just have to work harder to get my consideration if their vertical height is less than my own.

**Edited for spelling.
  • infinitevast
    infinitevast Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter..
  • dsm1991
    dsm1991 Posts: 156
    Options
    lol
  • SmoothRiko
    SmoothRiko Posts: 193
    Options
    LMFAOOOOOOOOO
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7". When I first was getting to know my BF (met him at work) I thought there was no way that I would ever like him - for one, he was a practicing Christian. I was raised Catholic but didn't practice at all. I used to call him "hard core Christian". :laugh:

Additionally, he was (and technically, still is) considerably shorter than me - he's 5'2". I just couldn't see myself with someone so much shorter than me.

As time went on he won me over with his kindness, personality, work ethic, etc. And here we are. It's been so long now that I don't even think about it - and as far as heels goes, I typically don't, I tower over him enough as it is! But if I do, he doesn't care.

On occasion, I'll call him "short *kitten*". In response, he'll call me "tall *kitten*". :laugh:
  • Cudleigh
    Cudleigh Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I don't really care one way or the other, but then I'm 5'3; most guys are taller than me.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" so on the slightly tall side for a female...and I have dated guys my height, taller, and a little bit shorter (like 5'6-5'8"). I am married now, and my husband is over 6 ft - but when I was single I was always so big that I felt the guys I dated "had to be" taller than me OR if shorter, then bigger than me (wider/heavier)...that was my own insecurities.

I see a lot of younger couples where the girl is like 6 inches taller than the guy, and I always think they look great together...somehow I think it makes them both seem really confident and more attractive. Not sure why that is!