Remind me again why weight watchers is not needed!!

Options
I have seriously lost my motivation lately. I had lost almost 60lbs but recently put back on about 15 or so. I can't seem to get out of this rut and keep thinking I "need" something to help motivate me (such as paying)..Makes no sense whatsoever. The only thing I think would help is the weigh-in. MFP's database is so much better, which is why instead of hitting the registration button on WW I came over here to vent and ask for a much needed kick in the pants.

Any "kick in the pants supporters" welcome to friend me! ; )

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Maybe join an accountability group or something. You can do your weigh ins at home. I mean, unless you want to pay for weight watcher forever, at some point you'll have to learn to be accountable to yourself anyway. Weekly weigh ins suck anyway, IMO.
  • Wolfattwilight
    Wolfattwilight Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That is the same things that have been going through my mind lol. Do you have friends that are also trying to lose weight? if you do, do a weekly weigh-in at selected location such as their house or yours. I need a kick in the pants myself lol. I miss weightwatchers some times too, so i bought stickers for whenever i exercize i can put a sticker on that day on the calendar. From your profile image, it looks like you have lil-uns and they might enjoy helping you put stickers up lol.
  • jaywas01
    jaywas01 Posts: 9
    Options
    I went through the same thing. I wasn't successful in losing weight until I was very honest with myself and held myself accountable. I can't have someone watching me 24/7, so I made a commitment to myself. I chose to change my life immediately. I still go to a local support group and talk with others to keep me motivated. I also have pictures of myself before I started losing weight and periodically compare them to current photos. But in the end, its really up to me to be accountable.
  • Trostlegirl
    Trostlegirl Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I may look at the groups on here. Never tried that before. A group of us at work had tried the whole weigh in thing together over Christmas but interest fizzled as the holidays kicked in to high gear. No one wanted to see the damage the holiday goodies had done. lol Might try the stickers too. My little girl would love that!
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Do you have friends that are also trying to lose weight? if you do, do a weekly weigh-in at selected location such as their house or yours.
    If you do...I would suggest maybe a biggest loser competition. Start the prize at $10 and do weigh ins once a week. If someone gains weight, they have to add to the pot and whoever wins at the end gets the money. I see it help people a lot because no one wants to pay :smile: good luck! add me if you'd like to!
  • Trostlegirl
    Trostlegirl Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    @jaywas01 Excellent job in maintaining that weight loss! I keep trying to get that motivation back from when I started and keep wondering where in the world it went. Or what was the kickstarter last time. I just need to dive in again and do it!