homemade pizza, or...

Options
2»

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    There is not such thing as "healthy food." Only your overall diet and eating habits can be considered healthy or unhealthy.
    it's called junk food for a reason

Maybe that's what *you* call it. To me heroin is junk, and pizza is food.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I make my own pizza since i found a super healthy recipe that makes a 12" inch pizza with a very crunchy crust without any grease... a margherita could be around 500-650 cals if i make it with my recipe (using moderate amounts low fat fresh mozzarella)
    While any other pizza of that size from any other chainr estaurant could have more than 1000 calories, lots of fats and sodium etc...

Do share!
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    If my options are only homemade or dominos... I would make my own, but that's only because mine is much better than Dominos, now if we are talking pizza from my local pizza place that's a different story

29py9sj.jpg

Those are the same as our "slices" here!! haha I love it, especially after a night out!! lol

Why not make cauliflower crust?? LOL oh god that hurt to say!

Enjoy the pizza!! We're having some tonight too!
  • DannehBoyy
    DannehBoyy Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I had the homemade one dude, dominoes is overrated ;)
  • jenniferhorn87
    jenniferhorn87 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    There is not such thing as "healthy food." Only your overall diet and eating habits can be considered healthy or unhealthy.

So you would argue that 100 calories of salad is no healthier than 100 calories of cheetos?
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I'm going out for pizza tonight with the boyfriend before we hit the cinema. Half of a medium traditional pepperoni pizza - GET IN MY BELLY. :drinker: I have just planned for it and made room for the calories within my daily budget.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    "healthier" on an individual level is determined by total diet, not one meal.

I put a lot of veggies on my pizza and use reduced fat cheese and make the crust very thin. This lets me eat more pizza, meet my veggie servings and still enjoy pizza.

But, I also sometimes get takeout, which usually puts me over on calories and has little veggies, but is easier and sometimes easy wins.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

So you would argue that 100 calories of salad is no healthier than 100 calories of cheetos?

Oh you can argue "healthy food" vs. "healthy diet" all day long. They are very different things.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    If my options are only homemade or dominos... I would make my own, but that's only because mine is much better than Dominos, now if we are talking pizza from my local pizza place that's a different story

29py9sj.jpg

You been stealing my pizza pictures again?

Nope not this time that's a Three Brother's Pizza from Seaside boardwalk! YUM
  • andresconejo
    Options
    I make my own pizza since i found a super healthy recipe that makes a 12" inch pizza with a very crunchy crust without any grease... a margherita could be around 500-650 cals if i make it with my recipe (using moderate amounts low fat fresh mozzarella)
    While any other pizza of that size from any other chainr estaurant could have more than 1000 calories, lots of fats and sodium etc...

Do share!
    Sure!
    The ingredients are:
    180g all purpose flour
    3/4 tsp active dry rapidrise yeast
    3/4 tsp sugar
    1/4 tsp salt
    2/3 cup lukewarm water (120-130º)

Mix all dry ingredients then gradually stir in flour, if using a mixer, beat until it form a soft dough if by hand too but it will take longer, then let rest until doubled in size, stretch by hand or with a rolling pin.

Makes 2 very thin crust 10" - 12"inch pizzas
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Do share!
    Sure!
    The ingredients are:
    180g all purpose flour
    3/4 tsp active dry rapidrise yeast
    3/4 tsp sugar
    1/4 tsp salt
    2/3 cup lukewarm water (120-130º)

Mix all dry ingredients then gradually stir in flour, if using a mixer, beat until it form a soft dough if by hand too but it will take longer, then let rest until doubled in size, stretch by hand or with a rolling pin.

Makes 2 very thin crust 10" - 12"inch pizzas

Thanks! How long does it have to stand typically? I've never made pizza in my life...
  • thirteeninches
    thirteeninches Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I make a super simple and fast pizza at home which I find is both cheaper and tastes better than anything from a pizza joint. I use premade pita loaves for the crust (about 8-10") I get from a local bakery, 1 oz mozzarella, and 2 tbs tomato paste mixed with 2 tbs water and the spices I like best for the sauce (lots of garlic and fresh basil please!) It's a snap, toppings are often leftovers from previous dinners, and I don't even have to make the dough. Comes up to somewhere between 350-450 cals/ single serving pizza-depending upon the toppings you choose. Add a salad and you got a meal :)

Don't get me wrong, though. I do like making pizza dough, and yeast bread in general, but it takes extra time, and often I'm in a hurry to get out of the kitchen. The less time I spend in there, the happier I am.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    20140415_134654_zpsaee4895b.jpg

Crotch.
  • thirteeninches
    thirteeninches Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I make a super simple and fast pizza at home which I find is both cheaper and tastes better than anything from a pizza joint. I use premade pita loaves for the crust (about 8-10") I get from a local bakery, 1 oz mozzarella, and 2 tbs tomato paste mixed with 2 tbs water and the spices I like best for the sauce (lots of garlic and fresh basil please!) It's a snap, toppings are often leftovers from previous dinners, and I don't even have to make the dough. Comes up to somewhere between 350-450 cals/ single serving pizza-depending upon the toppings you choose. Add a salad and you got a meal :)

Don't get me wrong, though. I do like making pizza dough, and yeast bread in general, but it takes extra time, and often I'm in a hurry to get out of the kitchen. The less time I spend in there, the happier I am.
    Definitely does not sound better than this ........

20140415_134654_zpsaee4895b.jpg

:happy: To each his own! Frankly, the globs of grease glimmering in that pic make me feel a little :sick:

:wink:
  • fightdem
    fightdem Posts: 38
    Options
    If you don't mind the taste, here it is

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U_GHm-ugxdY&list=PL65829B36F529FF67

You're welcome