Question about the Wii game system for exercising?

Options
Does anyone know how I can log in the game Just Dance for my exercise? It is a great workout for me and I would like to do it a few times a week but have no idea how or what to log in as it doesn't come up for exercise logging (it should, it is a great workout).

Replies

• Rancerox
    Rancerox Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Since it doesn't exist under the Exercise tab, select "Add Exercise"; "Search" (you can leave it blank); "Add An Exercise to the Database"; fill in the data.

Give the exercise a name, something like Wii Just Dance. Use the drop-down for Cardiovascular, select the minutes, and then you will need to figure out the number of calories burned.

I've used http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc to figure out burned calories before. It's pretty good for an estimate.

After that, it will be in your list of exercises.

Good luck.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know how I can log in the game Just Dance for my exercise? It is a great workout for me and I would like to do it a few times a week but have no idea how or what to log in as it doesn't come up for exercise logging (it should, it is a great workout).

MFP has generic categories. Anything with a "guesstimated" calorie burn is under cardiovascular......

Cardiovascular .....look for dance & put in the number of minutes. Be warned MFP gives "generous" calorie burns. Most people end up eating back only a portion....like 50-75%. You have other choices....aerobics....high impact aerobics....like that

Even strength training (for calories) is under cardiovascular
  • DroppingSizes
    Options
    Thank you both so much for your help, it is very appreciated!!! :flowerforyou: