How do you eat your Guacamole??

Options
I have recently discovered how incredibly yummy Wholly Guacamole is and I could eat it with a spoon! Instead I have been using green beans as my dipper.

I'd love to hear your favorite and creative lo-cal way to eat guacamole (besides a dip)...

Replies

• 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Wholly Guacamole is crap. Make your own and you will like it SO much more.

I generally put it in a bowl and bury my face in it so I can scoop the avocado-y goodness up with my tongue.
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    We make turkey burgers.... wrap 'em in large romaine lettuce leaves instead of buns.... and use homemade guacamole as a topping. If I'm really feeling adventurous, I'll toss on a piece or two of bacon as a topper. :smile:
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower and Roasted red Peppers.I make my own guacamole.

Wholly guacamole wasn't as flavorful as mine.
  • morethenjustmum
    morethenjustmum Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Homemade, in sandwiches instead of mayo, sometimes on its own with salt and lime. Mmmmmm avocado sandwich
    and now I'm hungry

edit for spelling
  • hig17
    hig17 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Avocados

Salt and Pepper

Red Onion

Cilantro

Lots of fresh lime juice

Jalapeno (but most of the time I make without it)

Mash it all up and eat with a spoon hehe :tongue:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    When I eat guac, I generally make my own. I usually eat mine with corn tortilla chips and salsa. For the most part though, I eat avocado on salads and sandwiches and often I just scoop it right out with a spoon and a little salt.
  • DavidSTC
    DavidSTC Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    On just about every kind of wrap and sandwich for an alternative to mayo and mustard.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I go face-first directly into the bowl.
  • akhpt4
    akhpt4 Posts: 9
    Options
    I eat the wholly guacamole as a salad dressing, usually with a little vinegar. I would like to make my own. But....Every avocado that I have bought is brown on the inside and disgusting. Could someone advise me on how to pick a ripe avocado?
  • ranks39
    ranks39 Posts: 14
    Options
    We make turkey burgers.... wrap 'em in large romaine lettuce leaves instead of buns.... and use homemade guacamole as a topping. If I'm really feeling adventurous, I'll toss on a piece or two of bacon as a topper. :smile:

All of this! I want it!
  • Doc_V
    Doc_V Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I top veggie omelets or rice bowls with it. Sooo good.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Wholly Guacamole is crap. Make your own and you will like it SO much more.

I generally put it in a bowl and bury my face in it so I can scoop the avocado-y goodness up with my tongue.

+1
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I make my own (avocado, lemon juice, hot salsa, salt) and have it either with chips because life is short or with a bunch of cut veggies. I also put it on turkey sandwiches, burgers, etc.

To pick a decent avocado, look for one that's darker in color (but not black). Give it a gentle squeeze; you should feel some give under your fingers, but it shouldn't squish. Peek at the stem end -- if the stem remainder is poking up from the avocado skin and loosens easily, the avocado is ripe. Don't buy avocados that are totally black, wrinkled, covered in brown crease-marks, or super-squishy. If you end up with avocados that are more bright green and hard, let them sit out on the counter for a few days. Check them each morning and evening just like you would at the store and use them when they're appropriately colored and the right texture!

ETA: Store cut avocados (leftover halves or whatever) in airtight Ziploc baggies with their skins and pits. You can coat them with lemon juice, too, if you're going to be using them in ways that work with lemon. Make sure that the exposed avocado surface is covered by either skin or plastic -- you don't want any part of the avocado exposed to air.
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I go face-first directly into the bowl.

Yup. :laugh:
  • blakedebo
    blakedebo Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    with my fingers!
    I use guac on anything and everything- tuna sandwiches, deli meat, with scrambled eggs!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I make my own, really simple - avocado, a good squeeze of fresh lemon or lime juice, a little garlic powder, and salt & pepper to taste.

We use it on burgers, with any Mexican food (tacos, tostadas, nachos, fajitas, taco salad) on sandwiches, breakfast burritos, etc.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    With the biggest spoon I can find!!
  • mediamogulsteve
    mediamogulsteve Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I eat my guac on chips, in a salad, or on burgers.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    With my mouth?

Seriously I eat it with eggs, with crackers, with basically everything.
  • Ashaleet
    Ashaleet Posts: 59
    Options
    I eat the wholly guacamole as a salad dressing, usually with a little vinegar. I would like to make my own. But....Every avocado that I have bought is brown on the inside and disgusting. Could someone advise me on how to pick a ripe avocado?

1.) Don't ever refrigerate your avocados.
    2.) If all of the avocados at the store are really firm to the touch, take it home and put it in a brown paper bag. Leave it in kitchen at room temp. Usually it will ripen in about a week.
    3.) Avocados (when they are perfect) should be soft to the touch, but NOT mushy. The skin should be a VERY dark green but not black.