Hoping to lose the baby weight and more!

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm new. Have never dieted before (though I'm hoping to make a lifestyle change - not simply diet). My weaknesses are junkfood and anything carb-related (especially potato chips and fries). I am qutting chips cold turkey - wish me luck! I had a beautiful baby girl in June and need to lose the last 15 pounds I gained with her plus another 50 or so. I know it will be hard work but I think keeping track of what I am eating will really help. Looking forward to chatting with others in the same position.

Beth

Replies

• rockieschick
    rockieschick Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    You can do it :)
  • ccckwalk
    ccckwalk Posts: 262
    Options
    I love this site! It will help you. I had a baby back last Novemeber. I have been whipping myself into shape. Which I love! I owe it all mainly to this site and of course myself too. I really didn't understand the whole concept of healthy eating until I was faced with counting calories and watching everything I put into my mouth. I realized that I was eating snacks throughout the day without even thinking about it. Crazy...anyway! Good luck and have fun with it!! This is a lifesyle change and is so easy to incorporate into our lives.
  • Aimee_PD
    Aimee_PD Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    you can do it!! this site is amazing and the support is overwhelming! I started out having to lose 85+...50 from first baby...lost 30 then got preg again and gained another 50 (which i know doesnt equal 85 lol) but my goal is to be back to the weight i was when I met my hubby! and im 35 lbs from that now! if you can be committed to this site and be accountable for every food that enters your body along with a good exercise routine, you WILL drop those lbs! Here's to a successful 2011 for all of us!
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    i try not to look at this as a diet but just a better way to eat! ....keep that in mind..i find that.it will be easier on ur self mentally! :flowerforyou: welcome and good luck with ur journey!
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    you can do it!! i had my 2nd baby girl in April and lost 43 pounds since simply by changing my habits of eating. good luck!
  • Lightingstorm
    Lightingstorm Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Beth,

Good luck! Make it your life...for you and your family. The better we all eat and get off our buns and go do things the better we are. :) Life is so precious! I see you have stairs. lol go up and down them about 20 times a day and you will get the weight off. :wink:
  • PurpleJellyean
    PurpleJellyean Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Beth, I once lost 60 lbs and honestly, it melted off me once I put my mind and body into action. I know you can do it and imagine how amazing you will feel once you get the ball rolling?! I am already feeling positive about my lifestyle change. I was hooked on sweets (ahem, the fudge that Lyndi brought to your place - to DIE for! lol) but I am trying to avoid them without feeling deprived. Trying different things so that I can live the rest of my life staying away from bad stuff. IE: I will consume fruit (anything sweet that is not processed) if I feel like a sweetie. Last night I had a yogurt with a few raspberries and cinnamon sprinkled on top and it was yummy! I wonder what healthier alternatives you might find for your carb addiction?

Glad to have you on here!