Need help please newbie

Options
Hi all I am new to mfp been doing we for a. While worked great but then stopped and Hathor weight and more back on so right back to square 1 and some. Was told about mfp but 1200 cals is this really enough? I'm 4ft 11 inch female 29 years and 9st 11.6 lbs please help me understand this and what should I be aiming for to loose weight I'm little active thank you

Replies

• jennycina93
    jennycina93 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Be careful, this topic gets rocky on this site. 1200 calories works great for some people but not everyone. Typically the rule is to eat at your BMR. If you need some extra help, consider reading this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants it is extremely helpful. Good luck!
  • gmclean1234
    Options
    Thank you
  • JoeLewie
    JoeLewie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    First of all, I think you should start by embracing this App and all that goes with it. So complete your profile by filling out all of the sections. Be as detailed and as honest as you can. Why? Because it makes you think about your reasons and motivations and by telling us what your goals are, you are also telling yourself.

Then add some friends, as many as you can. I have been blown away by how nice and supportive everyone is. I've also had the opportunity to be supportive and encouraging to others. What goes around, comes around. You're not alone! Far from it.

The answer to your question is yes, 1200 is enough. Really. If you want more you need to move - it'll take you about 30 minutes to burn 200 calories. 'Little active' wont' cut it, so how about shifting it up a level to 'a little more active'? It doesn't matter how much as long as it's more.

Hoping you'll add me,
    Joe
  • Frood42
    Frood42 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    +1

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Calorie deficit to lose weight
    Exercise to get fitter

Eat back your exercise calories to maintain a consistent deficit.
  • gmclean1234
    Options
    many thanks
  • BobcatGirl110
    BobcatGirl110 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    First of all, I think you should start by embracing this App and all that goes with it. So complete your profile by filling out all of the sections. Be as detailed and as honest as you can. Why? Because it makes you think about your reasons and motivations and by telling us what your goals are, you are also telling yourself.

Then add some friends, as many as you can. I have been blown away by how nice and supportive everyone is. I've also had the opportunity to be supportive and encouraging to others. What goes around, comes around. You're not alone! Far from it.

The answer to your question is yes, 1200 is enough. Really. If you want more you need to move - it'll take you about 30 minutes to burn 200 calories. 'Little active' wont' cut it, so how about shifting it up a level to 'a little more active'? It doesn't matter how much as long as it's more.

Hoping you'll add me,
    Joe

^^^THIS....x100
  • frhlyn
    frhlyn Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey! I can help if you're interested in loosing weight ;)