Hoping to lose the baby weight and more!

briar_rose
briar_rose Posts: 149 Member
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone,

I'm new. Have never dieted before (though I'm hoping to make a lifestyle change - not simply diet). My weaknesses are junkfood and anything carb-related (especially potato chips and fries). I am qutting chips cold turkey - wish me luck! I had a beautiful baby girl in June and need to lose the last 15 pounds I gained with her plus another 50 or so. I know it will be hard work but I think keeping track of what I am eating will really help. Looking forward to chatting with others in the same position.

Beth

Replies

• rockieschick
    rockieschick Posts: 321 Member
    You can do it :)
  • ccckwalk
    ccckwalk Posts: 262
    I love this site! It will help you. I had a baby back last Novemeber. I have been whipping myself into shape. Which I love! I owe it all mainly to this site and of course myself too. I really didn't understand the whole concept of healthy eating until I was faced with counting calories and watching everything I put into my mouth. I realized that I was eating snacks throughout the day without even thinking about it. Crazy...anyway! Good luck and have fun with it!! This is a lifesyle change and is so easy to incorporate into our lives.
  • Aimee_PD
    Aimee_PD Posts: 177 Member
    you can do it!! this site is amazing and the support is overwhelming! I started out having to lose 85+...50 from first baby...lost 30 then got preg again and gained another 50 (which i know doesnt equal 85 lol) but my goal is to be back to the weight i was when I met my hubby! and im 35 lbs from that now! if you can be committed to this site and be accountable for every food that enters your body along with a good exercise routine, you WILL drop those lbs! Here's to a successful 2011 for all of us!
  • i try not to look at this as a diet but just a better way to eat! ....keep that in mind..i find that.it will be easier on ur self mentally! :flowerforyou: welcome and good luck with ur journey!
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    you can do it!! i had my 2nd baby girl in April and lost 43 pounds since simply by changing my habits of eating. good luck!
  • Lightingstorm
    Lightingstorm Posts: 15 Member
    Beth,

Good luck! Make it your life...for you and your family. The better we all eat and get off our buns and go do things the better we are. :) Life is so precious! I see you have stairs. lol go up and down them about 20 times a day and you will get the weight off. :wink:
  • PurpleJellyean
    PurpleJellyean Posts: 29 Member
    Beth, I once lost 60 lbs and honestly, it melted off me once I put my mind and body into action. I know you can do it and imagine how amazing you will feel once you get the ball rolling?! I am already feeling positive about my lifestyle change. I was hooked on sweets (ahem, the fudge that Lyndi brought to your place - to DIE for! lol) but I am trying to avoid them without feeling deprived. Trying different things so that I can live the rest of my life staying away from bad stuff. IE: I will consume fruit (anything sweet that is not processed) if I feel like a sweetie. Last night I had a yogurt with a few raspberries and cinnamon sprinkled on top and it was yummy! I wonder what healthier alternatives you might find for your carb addiction?

Glad to have you on here!
This discussion has been closed.