Midnight Munchies

Options
So you're up late. It's a Friday night and you being such a wild child are up surfing the net when sudden it hits, and you hear that gurgling noise in your stomach *que dramatic music* .

You've used up all your calories for the day and want to eat food and lots of it but low cal and good for you.

Any suggestions to keep me away from that secret bag of chocolates tucked away?

Replies

• MaxJAshmore
    Options
    Brush your teeth and go to bed!
  • 43mmmgoody21
    43mmmgoody21 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Used to have this same problem. Now that I intermittent fast I need to eat late into the night to get my calories in (so it is no longer an issue).
  • alexirochellescott
    Options
    I have yet to figure this out, and water doesn't help. It only wakes you up every two hours in order to pee, reloading the temptation all over again.
  • trying_to_burn
    Options
    Lol. We have no hope. Either be hungry during the day or at night. lol

(And yes! The bladder thing is a nightmare. Esp being a woman it's worse >.<)
  • thirteeninches
    thirteeninches Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    When I had this problem, I would add a fruit snack to my calorie intake during the day, and stash the fruit (usually an orange) in my room, so when the munchies came, I could eat the fruit. It helped that I had to peel and section it, and the strong smell satisfied my appetite cravings as well.

More recently, I keep some sticks of celery in a glass of water. I don't bother logging the calories of celery, as they are very low. Celery is also great for potassium and works well as a diuretic, so if I overdo my sodium during the day, a few stalks of celery make me feel better.
  • trying_to_burn
    Options
    Oh wow. I didn't realise it was a diuretic. Thats really cool.
    I may pop into le supermarket tomorrow and pick up a pack.
  • TayzerFun
    TayzerFun Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    For me, I eat a pickle. lol! It's crunchy, a bit salty and usually hits the spot. :) Celery is a good idea too! I've also been known to steam up some green beans. It helps me feel full and kinda cancels out any cravings I have.
  • treesaaaaap
    treesaaaaap Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Eat something healthier maybe, and/or burn the extra off with some exercise if you do over eat. Keep healthier snacks around, don't give yourself those kinds of options. Also, since you've already recognized it try to not make a habit of it. Maybe adjust where you're consuming your calories. Smaller lunches, bigger dinners or adjust timing (later dinner, etc.)

Oh, just wanted to say-- don't be afraid to treat yourself sometimes. Just do something to burn it off, ya know? That's what I try to do.