volunteers for diary review/ suggestions

Hi MFP friends! I was wondering if anyone would mind taking a look at my diary and making suggestions on what I can do better - I feel like all I eat lately is omelets and salads and am almost always below goal, but the scale is not moving! I switched to low carb about 2 months ago and a few pounds dropped at first and then nothing for the past month... getting frustrated! I do eat my exercise calories back, but I do not weigh my food - I will start doing that for sure. Other than my 2 cups of coffee in the morning, I drink water all day and no soda. Occasionally a fresca and wiskey (or two). Any other suggestions? I log everything, including those darn chocolate Easter bunnies! LOL

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Weigh your food.
    Log every day.
    Question whether your BBQ meals are really under 300 cals.

Check this out:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

and this for more detail on logging:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide

Best of luck!
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Some of the calorie counts for the items you're logging are off. For example, you have 2 jumbo eggs for 90 calories. Eggs typically have 60-70 calories each. Also, be careful when you're choosing anything labeled "homemade," like Homemade Sauteed Peppers, Onions and Mushrooms. Are you sauteeing these in the butter you logged, or something else? It's more accurate to log the raw veggies, then log the oil/butter you use to sautee them separately.
  • khkramer6
    khkramer6 Posts: 5 Member
    Hmm good points. I think sometimes I am in a hurry and just choose what looks closest, happy that I've logged and moved on with my day. I will try to slow it down and be more accurate. Thank you for the comments!
  • khkramer6
    khkramer6 Posts: 5 Member
    Great article, by the way!
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Some of the calorie counts for the items you're logging are off. For example, you have 2 jumbo eggs for 90 calories. Eggs typically have 60-70 calories each.

If you choose the eggs - raw that doesn't have an asterisk, which means it is put in there by MFP using the USDA website, one jumbo egg is 96 calories. Large eggs maybe have 60-70 each. I'm not sure if she's putting 2 eggs for 90 total or each. I eat duck eggs every morning, so I log them as jumbo cause those things are HUGE!
  • WandaMM1
    WandaMM1 Posts: 132 Member
    I agree with the others. You need to weigh/measure all your food. One serving of ice cream is 1/2 cup. That's really small when you see it in a dish. Also, 1 chicken breast would be pretty small to be 115 calories.

Also, you could try changing when/how you eat. Rather than eating three big meals a day, try eating smaller meals but eat more frequently. For example, shave 100 calories or so off each meal and add them in as a HEALTHY snack so you are eating every 2-3 hours.