Scale didn't move, but I sure have been!

Options
I've been busting my booty 5 days a week at the gym (stronglifts and TRX mostly) and doing well with logging, but it's been 3 weeks since I've lost any weight. I've been at this for a year now, so I'm not too worried about it because I know that it WILL move again. BUT...I noticed today that my jeans are quite roomy, so I went shopping and bought the next size down. (I'm wearing the smallest size jeans that I've worn since before I had kids, so I'm pretty darn excited!) Just thought I would share for those of you who may be feeling discouraged with the scale. Sometimes it shows up in inches instead of pounds. :)

Replies

• mytime210se
    mytime210se Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I've been working hard since January and lost about 40lbs (4 sizes ) and the last 2-3 weeks feel like I'm hitting a plateau. Getting a little discouraged because I still have about 30lbs to my ideal weight. Thanks for sharing to inspire all of us to keep going!
  • elizabethbalderston
    Options
    Nice! I've been tracking measurements custom as well as weight and I agree...it shows in different ways and is good to keep track of that:)
  • sullrico18
    sullrico18 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Love it! This is a great reminder. :-) Thank you for sharing, and good luck with your weight loss journey!
  • 4aces61
    4aces61 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Ladies don't get discouraged. It happens to guys as well. I think I'm in the middle of one right now. However, I have to keep making new holes in my belts every couple weeks. Even though we would like to see it on the scale, as long as you're seeing it in your clothes it's working. The numbers will come.
  • Chopper37run
    Chopper37run Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you allow yourselves to have? This is the hardest part for me. I am a runner but realize I can't allow my calories to get to high cause I won't lose weight.
  • Stef2752
    Stef2752 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you allow yourselves to have? This is the hardest part for me. I am a runner but realize I can't allow my calories to get to high cause I won't lose weight.

1550. I usually am a little under that on weekdays, and a little over on the weekend.