Question on limits...

Options
Someone pushed my buttons today, which in turned started a bit of a disagreement. They told me to know my limits and not push past them or I will get hurt. Well if I don't push past my current limit, I will never get where I want to go.
They told me to look up the definition of limit in the dictionary. They just don't get it. My old limit was about 4mph on a treadmill and my goal was 6mph. If I want to get to that 6, I have to force my limit to change. If I stay running at 4mph forever I would never get to 6.

If body builders don't push themselves past their limit of lifting, they'd never get the muscle they want.

The US would still be under English rule. Women wouldn't be voting. Etc.

People make me angry.

Am I wrong?

Replies

• 4aces61
    4aces61 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    You're not wrong, it sounds like the other person is an idiot. One always has to strive for new goals. In order to do that, you must surpass old ones. Maybe they are jealous of your progress, who knows. Your feet point forward for a reason, keep moving in that direction
  • brizzeem
    brizzeem Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Just walk away from that conversation with this song screaming into ur head:

"AND ANOTHERS GONE ANOTHERS GONE ANOTHER BITES THE DUST!!!!!":smokin: :laugh:
  • judithanne013
    judithanne013 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other posters and you. If you do not push yourself, you will never move forward. The other person is either jealous or an idiot.
  • momofGD
    momofGD Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Just walk away from that conversation with this song screaming into ur head:

"AND ANOTHERS GONE ANOTHERS GONE ANOTHER BITES THE DUST!!!!!":smokin: :laugh:

Great advice!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I can't help because I'm Canadian and we still live the Queen's basement.