Skinny Funfetti Cake Batter Granola Bars

Options
twinteensmom
twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
I'm going to try this recipe this weekend. Looks good. Recipe says 108 calories per bar. 3 g of fiber and 3 g of protein.

Yield: 10 granola bars

Serving Size: 1 granola bar

These healthy granola bars taste like your favorite childhood cupcake flavor! With their buttery flavor and bright rainbow sprinkles, these bars will disappear really quickly at snack time. Store any leftovers in an airtight container or tightly sealed inside plastic wrap.

1 tsp coconut oil, melted

½ c unsweetened applesauce

1/3 c skim milk

1 tbsp honey

1 ½ tsp butter extract

2 ½ c old-fashioned oats

3 tbsp rainbow jimmies (the long, thin sprinkles)

1.Preheat the oven to 300°F, and lightly coat an 8”-square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2.In a large bowl, stir together the coconut oil, applesauce, milk, honey, and butter extract until smooth. Add in the oats, stirring until thoroughly coated. Fold in the jimmies.
3.Gently press the mixture into the prepared pan, and bake at 300°F for 13-16 minutes, or until the center is no longer wet to the touch. Cool completely to room temperature in the pan before slicing into bars.

Notes: Vegetable oil, canola oil, or melted butter may be substituted in place of the coconut oil.

Any milk (2%, 1%, whole, or non-dairy) may be substituted in place of the skim milk.

Agave, brown sugar, or granulated sugar may be substituted in place of the honey

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Notes: Vegetable oil, canola oil, or melted butter may be substituted in place of the coconut oil.

And that answers my question.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options

And that answers my question.

Melted butter... Mmmm!
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Tagging
  • klakers3
    klakers3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • hamo1987
    hamo1987 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yummy
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try this recipe this weekend. Looks good. Recipe says 108 calories per bar. 3 g of fiber and 3 g of protein.

Yield: 10 granola bars

Serving Size: 1 granola bar

These healthy granola bars taste like your favorite childhood cupcake flavor! With their buttery flavor and bright rainbow sprinkles, these bars will disappear really quickly at snack time. Store any leftovers in an airtight container or tightly sealed inside plastic wrap.

1 tsp coconut oil, melted

½ c unsweetened applesauce

1/3 c skim milk

1 tbsp honey

1 ½ tsp butter extract

2 ½ c old-fashioned oats

3 tbsp rainbow jimmies (the long, thin sprinkles)

1.Preheat the oven to 300°F, and lightly coat an 8”-square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
    2.In a large bowl, stir together the coconut oil, applesauce, milk, honey, and butter extract until smooth. Add in the oats, stirring until thoroughly coated. Fold in the jimmies.
    3.Gently press the mixture into the prepared pan, and bake at 300°F for 13-16 minutes, or until the center is no longer wet to the touch. Cool completely to room temperature in the pan before slicing into bars.

Any milk (2%, 1%, whole, or non-dairy) may be substituted in place of the skim milk.

Agave, brown sugar, or granulated sugar may be substituted in place of the honey

UPDATE.

I tried these today. I decided to add 1/2 cup of slivered almonds to maybe increase the protein. I used vegetable oil and 2% milk. The bars turned out to have 143 calories and the almonds didn't increase the protein, as hoped. Oh well. They are filling and have a nice buttery taste. I would make them again.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Bump

Sounds good and will try this