Stomach fat

Options
My main goal is getting rid of this stomach fat! It won't leave! I've researched ways to burn off stomach fat, but I got so many different answers! What did y'all do to burn stomach fat? What foods should I eat? Avoid? What exercises should I try? I'm desperate. Losing weight has become my main focus & it's frustrating the hell out of me that my stomach is the only thing that doesn't seem to be cooperating. Then again, maybe it is & its fatness is just all in my head.

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    patience
    calorie deficit
    heavy lifting

you can't target fat loss from any particular location.

unless you go for lipo. that's an option too.
  • mycupyourcake
    mycupyourcake Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Sorry there. You can't choose the spots from where your body looses the fat. It will come off when it comes off. You have done some great work and I'm sure that by the time you hit your goal weight you will be much leaner in your stomach. Just keep a positive attitude, stay with what you are doing and love yourself.
  • DapperKay
    DapperKay Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    TBH - it could be excess skin or just that you don't have a strong enough muscle base to give you a flat stomach. It took me FOREVER to get this concept. I was on the lower range of normal and still had a bulge that I coudnt get rid off. It wasn't anything like a beer belly, but it was there. So I just work on my abs as much as I could and now it looks visibly better. The trick is growing muscles and not gaining fat - that is the real challenge...
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    patience
    calorie deficit
    heavy lifting

you can't target fat loss from any particular location.

unless you go for lipo. that's an option too.

^This
  • LaurenDanielle014
    LaurenDanielle014 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My stomach has shrunk and toned considerably from 4 months of clean eating and working out. Cutting processed foods and eating at a calorie deficit will def give you results. Also drink nothing but water & green tea (lots) and be patient. The results will come ! Good luck.
  • SugaryLynx
    Options
    My stomach has shrunk and toned considerably from 4 months of clean eating and working out. Cutting processed foods and eating at a calorie deficit will def give you results. Also drink nothing but water & green tea (lots) and be patient. The results will come ! Good luck.

My stomach fat has gone away, too. From heavy lifting and a calorie deficit. You should see what I eat. I'm a clean eaters nightmare diary
  • MaiLinna
    MaiLinna Posts: 580 Member
    Options

^ This is what I've heard from numerous sources and experienced individuals.
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Stomach fat is usually the last thing to leave your body so you just have to stay consistent and don't get discourage.
  • SugaryLynx
    Options

Sources like what? Women's Fitness Magazine and some friends who lost weight doing it and assume it's the only way? You don't have to restrict anything, unless you have a medical condition
  • VoodooSyxx
    VoodooSyxx Posts: 297
    Options

Sources like what? Women's Fitness Magazine and some friends who lost weight doing it and assume it's the only way? You don't have to restrict anything, unless you have a medical condition

*sigh* And here we go as usual with the same old tired argument. Looked at your diary. 2350 calorie goal. Now try eating all that garbage on a deficit.
  • Evelynnn2014
    Options
    I have the same question, because I like my body fine now--minus the still present muffin top. Been eating healthy, running, doing some circuit weights (and pulled shoulder muscle--so I'm wary about weights). What kind of heavy lifting specifically should we do to tone the belly/hips/abs area?
  • trogalicious
    Options
    I have the same question, because I like my body fine now--minus the still present muffin top. Been eating healthy, running, doing some circuit weights (and pulled shoulder muscle--so I'm wary about weights). What kind of heavy lifting specifically should we do to tone the belly/hips/abs area?
    you don't target fat loss.
    you lose fat over the area to effectively uncover the muscle underneath.
    look at new rules of lifting for women, starting strength, or stronglifts 5x5 for decent beginner programs.
  • SugaryLynx
    Options

*sigh* And here we go as usual with the same old tired argument. Looked at your diary. 2350 calorie goal. Now try eating all that garbage on a deficit.

Doesn't change the fact that you can lose body fat not restricting your diet. I did eat this stuff on a deficit. 53 lbs lost and a went from 31% body fat to below 20%.
  • trogalicious
    Options

*sigh* says the grown man eating 1200 calories.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

Doesn't change the fact that you can lose body fat not restricting your diet. I did eat this stuff on a deficit. 53 lbs lost and a went from 31% body fat to below 20%.

And you have a bangin bod, and an awesome diary full of awesome food. I'm choosing to follow you.
  • SugaryLynx
    Options

And you have a bangin bod, and an awesome diary full of awesome food. I'm choosing to follow you.

♡ Thank you. I just, more than anything, want people to understand that you don't need to cut or restrict the foods you enjoy. Moderation is key. I will admit my diary isn't always the best, but I'm human. I like tasty things. It's long term sustainability that makes or breaks the goal at hand and I choose to focus on macros and micros and not whether someone thinks the foods I eat are "junk".
  • jardimgirl
    jardimgirl Posts: 522 Member
    Options

My stomach fat has gone away, too. From heavy lifting and a calorie deficit. You should see what I eat. I'm a clean eaters nightmare diary

How long did ittake you to see inches lost? I have been lifting and if anything I gained an inch
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options

♡ Thank you. I just, more than anything, want people to understand that you don't need to cut or restrict the foods you enjoy. Moderation is key. I will admit my diary isn't always the best, but I'm human. I like tasty things. It's long term sustainability that makes or breaks the goal at hand and I choose to focus on macros and micros and not whether someone thinks the foods I eat are "junk".

I've lost 78 lbs reading forums and following the advice of folks like you. I'm not done yet but but so far I've lost 16" of my waist. So yeah, I'll follow you any day. :flowerforyou:
  • SugaryLynx
    Options

How long did ittake you to see inches lost? I have been lifting and if anything I gained an inch

Quite awhile. I started at 170 lbs. I didn't see a significant difference until the last 15 lbs or so. Stomach fat is just where my body is genetically predisposed to lose from last. It was super frustrating. Calorie deficit is really the biggest factor in losing fat, lifting will help, yes, but without the deficit, it'll be a very slow process. The greatest thing about lifting is maintaining that lean mass as you lose, which is what leaves you leaner throughout weight loss.
  • Evelynnn2014
    Options
    you don't target fat loss.
    you lose fat over the area to effectively uncover the muscle underneath.
    look at new rules of lifting for women, starting strength, or stronglifts 5x5 for decent beginner programs.

Awesome. Just requested these from the library to start with. Thanks!