the "greens" .... a new approach to drinking nutrition

Options
Have you heard about the "greens" from ItWorks! ..... if you haven't, I really think you are missing out. I won't lie .... it's not the most pleasant thing in the world to drink. The taste is not fantastic so I don't tell people it is. It's jam packed with great fruits and veggies for you and none of the bad stuff, so of course it's not going to taste good. BUT the nutrition is incredible!

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    The taste is not fantastic

Please tell me more about how I need to consume things that taste like **** to get results...
  • ahoier
    ahoier Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Great review, lol. I'll keep to my own. 2 cups of baby spinach. 1 scoop of whey protein, 1 tbsp. of cocoa powder, 1 cup of blueberries, 1 tbsp. china seeds, about 1/2 cup of carrots.....wow was it surprisingly good, and it tasted good. Not bad for a throw together smoothie-thing lol.
  • KaleeCat
    KaleeCat Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Great review, lol. I'll keep to my own. 2 cups of baby spinach. 1 scoop of whey protein, 1 tbsp. of cocoa powder, 1 cup of blueberries, 1 tbsp. china seeds, about 1/2 cup of carrots.....wow was it surprisingly good, and it tasted good. Not bad for a throw together smoothie-thing lol.

Going to have to try your recipe!

And as for the OP, yeah...I'll stick to delicious foods instead of your sewage in a cup!
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Haha. And none of the bad stuff, so OF COURSE it's not going to taste good. Oh brother.
  • Keep_The_Laughter
    Keep_The_Laughter Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Have you heard about the "greens" from ItWorks! ..... if you haven't, I really think you are missing out. I won't lie .... it's not the most pleasant thing in the world to drink. The taste is not fantastic so I don't tell people it is. It's jam packed with great fruits and veggies for you and none of the bad stuff, so of course it's not going to taste good. BUT the nutrition is incredible!

Is this the part where we report for advertising and spam?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

so I should buy something that tastes like sh** and drink it..???? Ummm NO
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,024 Member
    Options
    I have not heard about it.

however, I will pass on doing so - meh, I am missing out on... well, on something ... perhaps on losing money from my wallet?
  • paperpudding
    Options
    "Jam packed with fruits and veggies" ?

why not just eat fruits and veggies in the first place?
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options

Because then she couldn't sell you her craptastic crap.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options

But... the nutrition is incredible!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

But... the nutrition is incredible!

i would rather eat real food ...
  • paperpudding
    Options

Yes, I know.

Was rhetorical question :wink:
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Itworks! That is It works eating real fruit & veg that taste great and are much cheaper than some mass produced, over-priced horrible tasting some concoction you're trying to flog.

There are no quick fixes, eat at a sensible deficit, work out if you want to retain some muscle and not be panting going up a flight of stairs but realise its a lifestyle change and losing the weight will take time. However, probably less time than it took to put on (assuming no underlying medical issues etc).

ETA: Better off spending the money for this or any other such product on fresh produce from the market. You'll get more for your money and you can prepare it in a way that tastes good.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options

Yes, I know.

Was rhetorical question :wink:

I know. I just wanted to type craptastic crap.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I'll just stick to my low calorie V8-esque recipe to juice. Love me some kale and celery with a bit of tomato. Oh god yes.
  • emeraldeyes_bc
    emeraldeyes_bc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Greens is a "new" thing?? Is this the twilight zone?
    No idea what brand she's talking about? But the purpose of a greens supplement is most contain micronutrients from at least 43 land AND sea vegetables to give trace minerals that are food sourced. These would be extremely difficult to achieve through a regular diet. It's also a way to achieve proper PH which lowers inflammation of the body. It naturally boosts energy as well as immunity.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Greens is a "new" thing?? Is this the twilight zone?
    No idea what brand she's talking about? But the purpose of a greens supplement is most contain micronutrients from at least 43 land AND sea vegetables to give trace minerals that are food sourced. These would be extremely difficult to achieve through a regular diet. It's also a way to achieve proper PH which lowers inflammation of the body. It naturally boosts energy as well as immunity.

Nope. Ripping people off with magic juice is NOT a new thing :bigsmile:
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    No thanks. I'll just eat food. Btw, I think its against the rules to try to sell people stuff on here. But I seriously doubt anyone would buy this anyway.