Bragging allowed here

Options
2010 ends tomorrow and undoubtedly you like me have accomplished a lot.

Since June, I lost 13 lbs and am down to 182 lbs. I've dropped from size 36 to 34 pants. And can now run over 5 miles.

What are some victories you won this year? It's time to celebrate those accomplishments.

Replies

• bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    My profile pic and ticker pic, lol. I guess it's okay to say that since you're allowing bragging here, lol. Part of my successes have come from gaining the confidence to put myself out there and feel good about what I've accomplished.

Awesome work on your accomplishments, Jake!
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    I have lost 14 pounds since October and can do push-ups! 30 of them! Well, 30 girlie push-ups or 10 manly push-ups, but that's more than my hubby can do! :bigsmile:
  • meliamom
    Options
    Down 34 pounds since the beginning of Feb. Also, I ran 4 miles at a 9 min/mile pace. Went from a size 12ish to a size 6/8.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I lost 60 pounds this years.
    I completed the P90X program twice.
    I completed Insanity twice.
    I can do 220 push-ups (no knees) in an hour.
    I cut my consumption of wine by 80%.
    I can look in the mirror now and like the person looking back.
  • JustForMe27
    Options
    I am so ready to do some bragging lol this year I went back to school and I'm sooo ready to graduate in a few months! ...And since DECEMBER 1st (when I finally started this journey) I have lost 22 lbs!! Not too bad if I do say so myself!!! :flowerforyou:

Happy New Year everyone!!! :drinker:
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    I've lost a total of 20 for the yr 12 since thanksgiving. Im down two pant sizes gained an inch of bicep. I am making it thru p90x without flinching I have more energy
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP 100 days ago today and have lost 44 pounds and 42.25 inches, including 10.5 off my waist.
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    I had a complete mental overhaul which lead to a complete lifestlye overhaul. Thanks to this, I lost 93.8 lbs AND I quit smoking :)

Charmagne
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Im 12 days from my 1 year anniversary date. It has been a long but oh so wonderful year for me.

SW: 297 lbs
    CW: 213 lbs

I went from a size 46-48 waist to a size 34 waist.
    a XXXL Shirt to a Large

I've run four 5K's and a 3K trail run and am training for a Triathlon in the spring.

2011 is going to be amazing!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I had a complete mental overhaul which lead to a complete lifestlye overhaul. Thanks to this, I lost 93.8 lbs AND I quit smoking :)

Charmagne

You are amazing!
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    I started to get serious about getting back into shape this past July and lost 30lbs since than!

I completed one round and half rounds of Insanity...right now I'm redoing Insanity so I can say I did two official rounds of it!
    Completed one round of Hip Hop Abs LV2

All together (not included rest day) From July til now I basically worked out everyday and probably had a week where I didn't exercise (sick days, giving my shins a rest, travel days)
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    2010 ends tomorrow and undoubtedly you like me have accomplished a lot.

Since June, I lost 13 lbs and am down to 182 lbs. I've dropped from size 36 to 34 pants. And can now run over 5 miles.

What are some victories you won this year? It's time to celebrate those accomplishments.

Amazing. : ) I have lost 32 pounds since 09/18/09 when my daughter was born...

I have also lost 13 lbs since june 2010 : ) and am down from a pants size 16 to a size 14 and I can now fit into some medium size shirts depending on the style : ) I was wearing Large shirts.
  • Sarahbear83
    Sarahbear83 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I started at 268 lbs and am down to 245 since August. I've gone from bursting out of a 22/24 to fitting nicely into an 18 and getting close to a 16. I'm able to exercise for half an hour or more easily and can do things like push-ups and jumping jacks just fine. I've stuck to my goals, continuing to eat right and exercise, even after I have a 'bad' day or 'bad' week. I don't give up, I just jump back into it.
  • momtodeshawn
    momtodeshawn Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've lost 16lbs in the past 11 weeks. I'm learning that I can eat and not deprive myself from foods that I love and I'm learning to enjoy working out and drinking water (2 things I used to despise). lol :)
  • LaurieEReid
    Options
    I've lost 15 pounds since the end of September (20 pounds since my last Dr. physical). My pants were size 14, now they're 9 to 11.
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options

Charmagne

Me too!! Complete mental over haul! I can now see things for what they are and I don't need food to comfort me! I have flipped my anxiety into energy, have decided (finally) what I want to do for the rest of my life, I have come to terms with the person I am. In the process I have lost 24lbs in total this year, 15 since starting MFP 65 days ago!
    Thanks to all MFP friends! You guys do way more for me than you could ever imagine:) Keep it up!!

OH YEAH!! I almost forgot.... I also quit smoking on March 18th and Have not looked back! Who needs a cigarette when you can jog?
  • madijo41
    madijo41 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I am off all my medication for depression, social anxiety. I have lost 45 lbs since early spring. I walk everyday, go to the gym 3-4 times a week and doing p90x.
  • raeklee23
    Options
    Wow, I hope I can have your kind of success
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Jake, thanks for this opportunity! I don't typically brag about myself, so this will feel really good! 2010 was huge for me:

I'm down 19 lbs from mid-October
    Went from not being able to run for more than a minute (September) to being able to run for an hour (which I did today!)
    Went from struggling to make it half way across the lake (October) to running around it twice (today!)
    Quit smoking in August (although its still a struggle)
    Started taking Improv, and had my first performance a few weeks ago (and actually impressed my family who I'm sure thought I'd bomb!)
    Have had some great accomplishments at my new job (was unemployed about this time last year due to the economy)
    And there's another big boast coming next week, but can't do it until it's official....stay tuned!

Thanks to you and all my other MFP friends for the support and <3 - it's truly helped me stay on the fitness track!

Happy New Year all! xoxo
  • zarala233
    Options
    Congratulations for a successful year everyone!!:flowerforyou:

I have lost 27 lbs since October, 25th, 2010. When I started I could only exercise for 5 mins (lol, I know) & now I can easily do over 60 mins of good old cardio.

2772495.png
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!